(Closed) HELP!!!

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@peace747:  My SO and I are in a similar position, we’ve got a 0.5 heirloom stone and he’s having a setting custom made (it’s a surprise so I don’t know what setting yet) by our jeweller. Price will really depend on what sort of band (thin, thick, tapered etc) or setting (4 claw, 6 claw, sidestones etc) you want. My advice is go to a good jewellers and have a chat, lots of places have a book of settings you can pick from, and they’ll be able to give you the best idea of price. Also, try the Blue Nile website, although you’ve already got a stone you can see the prices of different settings on there 🙂

Post # 4
1257 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - victoria educational gardens

@peace747:  check blue nile or james allen. When you look at the setting specifications, it should tell you what sizes they can fit to the setting. Only bad thing is if you order online, you have to mail your stone out… OR you can check local jewelry stores. When I was looking for a setting for my loose stone, it was hard looking locally because most of the stores didn’t have many settings to look at…

Post # 5
2606 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Measure the stone.  Most semi-mount have the mm that it can accomodate listed.

Post # 7
1935 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@peace747:  your best bet, in that case, is to take it to a local jeweler. You can take a look online and see what grabs your attention, and do some research to find a reputable store that has great reviews. Definitely shop around – that’s what stores are there for! Try on settings and see what looks good on your finger. I started off wanting a certain type of setting, and ended up with something totally different after trying rings on.

Don’t forget to have fun!

The topic ‘HELP!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors