(Closed) Help!

posted 5 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
Hostess
8579 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

Um.. no. Bridesmaids should not be asked to pay for THAT much. You shouldn’t be hosting the rehearsal dinner at all! You shouldn’t be paying for flowers. Normally, BMS aren’t expected to pay for their jewelry either.

I would honestly drop out of her wedding, because honestly, it doesn’t seem like she’s even interested in a wedding, she’s just interested in all of her girls paying off everything for her!

Post # 5
Hostess
8579 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

@kel1484:  I would tally up how much you’ve already spent, in the dress, in the bach party, on anything else she’s asked you to pay for, and once you get the total, present it to her. She might not even realize she’s asked SO much of you [little things add up VERY quickly]. Let her know that you’ve already overspent, and cannot handle spending another dime [providing your dress/shoes are paid for]. She will then have the choice of covering the costs herself, or asking you to step down.

Really, all a Bridesmaid or Best Man should be required to pay for are the dress, shoes & of course, their portion of the bach party. In some areas, they don’t even pay for their shoes & dresses! Asking you to pay for flowers, the rehearsal dinner & expensive jewelry is extremely over the top.

Post # 7
1805 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Woah that’s crazy, I asked my bms to pay for their dress thats all. They can wear whatever shoes and jewelry they want. I’ve set up appointments for nails, hair, makeup but they don’t have to get it done if they don’t have the money! Everything this girl is asking for is ridiculous .. My girls hosted an amazing shower but I would’ve been just as happy with a small inexpensive shower! Asking to pay for the rehearsal dinner and flowers? What the? That’s in no way your responsibility.. How strange. I agree with PP.. Add up the costs and show her the total number, hopefully when she says this outrageous number she’ll come back down to earth! 

The topic ‘Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors