(Closed) Help!!!

posted 6 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 3
778 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I went with a strapless A-line dress from Alfred Angelo. I’m 5’1″ and plus size, and they were able to order the dress short in length, so I wouldn’t need so many alterations.  

Post # 4
397 posts
Helper bee

I’m 5’2″ and huggable myself, and completely thought I would be going A-line.. I feel in love with a fit and flare…

Not the best pic… I was getting ready to walk around and was lifting the skirt, but you get the gist of how it looks…

Post # 5
3241 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m 5’1″ and plus size. In general A-line dresses looked best on me, but you’ll get a better feel for dresses once you try them on. Don’t be afraid to try on a lot of different styles to find out what works best on your body.

Post # 7
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I am just under 5’5″ ( I am not sure if this is considered short) but I was a street 18 in this picture. This is a slim A line, something I would have never tried on if my consultant had not pushed me to. My best advice is trust you consultant she should know what works best on your body type! The other thing is if you can go to a shop that caters to curvier girls it will make a world of diffrence! Just knowing you can fit into 100 plus dresses will make the experience much less intimidating then walking in to a shop full of smaple sizes! I traveled two  hours to go to a plus size friendly shop and am so glad I did!

The topic ‘Help!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors