(Closed) help :(

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Which dress looks better on me?
    Dress #1 (the one I bought on the top left) : (46 votes)
    72 %
    Dress #2 (the one on the right) : (18 votes)
    28 %
  • Post # 3
    190 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2015

I like the one on the right better but both are beautiful 🙂

Post # 4
    1177 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I like the top of the dress you bought, but the skirt of the other dress. But it seems like a seamstress should be able to change the skirt of the dress you bought to look more like the other dress. Have you considered that?

Post # 5
    2055 posts
    Buzzing bee

The one you have. The bustline is great (just too high right now) and the bodice is beautiful and flattering to your figure. Plus, the material looks much better than the shiny fabric of dress 2 (which photogrpahs poorly). It just needs a crinoline to get the fullness of #2. 

Dress 2 makes your boobs disappear and the bustline is awkward (but I can’t quite put my finger on it). Also, these pickups look more like wrinked toilet paper. 🙁

Post # 6
    2515 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

honestly, i love both dresses on you. you look fantastic in both! i think if you’re in love with the other dress and you can return your current one to get the second one, then go for it. if you can’t, then please know that the one you bought looks amazing on you!!

Post # 8
    6741 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2014

I don’t like the one on the right at all, sorry.  The one on the left looks much more elegant.  Add crinolin – I feel like you might like the one on the right because it’s poofier?

Post # 10
    8104 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

@mandolina:  I see why you’re torn, but I think the one you bought looks better. I would not add sleeves or anything to either one. Your arms look fine. I guarantee you, nobody is going to see you walking down the aisle and think “eww, armfat!” They’re going to think “Wow, she looks so happy and beautiful!” You have a very pretty figure and both dresses show it off nicely.

Post # 11
    302 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I like the one on the right the best, but I think it is partly because you didn’t take the picture yourself so you have better posture in it.  Honestly, though, they both look great (you don’t need to worry about your arms) and I think they are similar enough that it isn’t worth buying a second dress.  Plus, I agree with other posters that you could make simple changes so that the dress you bought will look more similar to the one on the right.

Post # 12
    95 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I like the dress on the right, but if you make the one you have with a sweetheart neckline, i think i would like that one the best.

Post # 13
    1364 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I like the left! 

Post # 14
    175 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

The dresses are very similar, but I like the neckline of the one you bought better.  

The topic ‘help :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors