(Closed) help =)

posted 8 years ago in United Kingdom
Post # 3
4111 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’d start with google. There’s a lot you have to figure Out. 

London is a big place. You’ll need to, figure out which area you want to get married in (Westminster, bayswater, knightsbridge, etc). The rules will generally be the same but each place may have slightly different requirements. 

You’ll also need to look into if you need a visa. I don’t need a visa to visit the UK but I did need one to get married there. 


Post # 4
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Work out where you want marry then contact the registrar for advice. 

Post # 5
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Be aware there’s a rule where one of you has to be in England for like a week before you get married and you have to have proof of this. We live in Scotland and have friends from here getting married in England and even they have to prove they’ve been in England for a week beforehand. Ridiculous rule but its there. Sorry I can’t give you the exact details but as pps have suggested, google something like ‘getting married in England’-the government websites are generally good and informative


Post # 6
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

You need to start investigating this quickly, not least because:

1) You will need a special visa. 

2) You will need to be in England for at least 3 weeks:

In England and Wales, both partners must be resident in England or Wales for seven days before notice is given (on the eighth day). A notice must state where the marriage is to take place. The marriage can then take place after 15 days have elapsed from the date on which notice of the marriage is entered in the marriage notice book.

These links should be a good start:




The topic ‘help =)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors