Help!

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
495 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Oh my goodness I had the same thing- it was just awful. Bloating seemed to be the worst when I ate normal-sized meals of cooked food, which makes little sense to me. So I ate lots of oranges, small bowls of cereal, granola bars, half-sandwiches (chicken salad, or low-mercury tuna once a week) and that’s about it the first trimester. Not fun, but I had no appetite and was afraid to eat any actual meals for fear of bloating, and this seemed to work. First tri is about survival. 

Regardng remedies, I would recommend asking your care provider about papaya enzyme? There’s some stuff online about how green papaya induces labor or something like that but my midwife recommended it when I was going through the same thing. I only used it a few times because by the time I finally bought it my symptoms subsided, but it seemed to work and she really encouraged trying it. 

Otherwise, just extending sympathy. I have totally been there and hated it, it was besides the unrelenting nausea the worst thing about being pregnant so far (29 weeks now). I don’t remember when it stopped, but probably by 16w when my nausea also subsidded a bit. Good luck! 

Post # 3
4998 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Ask your OB, but you can take stool softeners and milk of magnesia while pregnant. Works wonders!

Post # 4
155 posts
Blushing bee

Drink a glass of prune juice before bed (or soak some prunes in warm water and eat them and drink the water before going to sleep)

Post # 5
473 posts
Helper bee

I drink metamucil everday. Im still fairly gasy though, much to my fiances amusement, but I have no issue with constipation at least, which helps me feel less bloated.

Post # 6
2327 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Ruby Princess

Try some over the counter simethicone chewables. You can also try baking soday and water, like a pinch in a shotglass of lukewarm water. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors