(Closed) Help!!

posted 6 years ago in Venue
Post # 2
328 posts
Helper bee

You don’t necessarily have to have a hotel as your venue– as long as you’re within driving distance of a few hotels, you’ll be fine. That should open up your options a lot! I’m sorry to not have any more specific ideas in terms of location, but if you like the outdoor idea, see if you can find some type of botanical garden for the ceremony.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by freebird.
Post # 4
1726 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Check out Ole Hanson Beach Club or the San Clemente Historic Cottage! Both have beach views and were very affordable when I looked into it. 

Post # 5
225 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Can you have the ceremony at the beach and then move the reception to another location? Also, check around for any community parks. There was a park where I grew up in San Diego that was on a hill. From there you could see the ocean peaking out. So not really the beach, but still beautiful.

Post # 6
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’ve heard that the Korean Bell of Friendship in San Pedro (LA) will rent for something around $500 for a ceremony and that’s a beautiful site on a cliff that does indeed overlook the ocean. (Although I don’t know if you can have your reception there, but it wasn’t clear to me if your Fiance requested the ocean for JUST the ceremony or for the whole event…?)

Have you looked into public parks and/or campsites? THat might be a good option for you–there are some that are near and/or right on the water. 

Post # 10
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
diamondmadee:  Then definitely look at the Korean Friendship Bell–the price is reasonable. I mean, you said SoCal, so I don’t know if you are interested in LA, but San Pedro as a community isn’t particularly affluent, so there are probably lots of affordable options in terms of hotels and the like. There’s a place called Crafted (or Craft Port?) out there that has an event space–it’s kind of loft-like and cool, with an in-house brewery, and I have no idea how much they would charge, but I just went there the other day and thought it could work for a reception.  

Post # 11
1939 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
diamondmadee:  I’m from the Temecula area too 🙂 I know how pricey weddings can be in this area. We had friends that got married on Torrey Pines reserve and it was literally on a cliffside over looking the ocean, it was gorgeous and super affordable. There are plenty of places nearby you can eat at as well and I think with a guest list of 100 you can make it work. 

Post # 12
1849 posts
Buzzing bee

Have you tried looking at HomeAway for vacation rentals with beach access? Then you could cater in whoever. 

The topic ‘Help!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors