Help!?!?!

posted 1 week ago in Venue
Post # 2
6563 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Lola's Trailer Park

I would find a new venue, ASAP.

Do you have a contract with the current owners and does it mention whether or not you can get your money back in an event like this? I’m not sure how that works but I can’t imagine any new owners would have to honor your old contract if they didn’t want to. My first step would be trying to get a refund on the venue and then finding a new venue. There is no guarentee who will take over the business and what they will or won’t do, they could come in and entirely remodel the whole place!

Post # 3
506 posts
Busy bee

Find another venue. “Hope for the best” what kind of response is that? SMH.

Post # 4
10 posts
Newbee

Girl! Don’t panic! Okay… have you secured that vennue yet? (meaning, have you made any down payment, paid any retainer or deposit?)… if not, move on and find a new vennue that will match what you need. Now if you have paid a deposit and signed a contract, go get that bad boy and read the entired thing to find out what are your rights (I’m hoping you did that before signing tho)… figured out what the cancelation policy is and contact the venue again using your contract to get the answers you need… say for example your contract say that if you do your part, the vennue has no way out… then your conversation with them should be something along the lines… “I know the ownership of the venue is about to change so I’m contacting you to know how will that affect my wedding plans. I’ve paid my deposit to secure the venue for X date and per contract that garantees me the usage of your venue. If that is no loger an option, per contract, the cancelation police states X, Y and Z and I would like to know when should I expect a refund from the venue. Thnak you!”…. i hope that helps! Good luck!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors