HELP!!!

posted 2 years ago in Beauty
Post # 2
4963 posts
Honey bee

Bambi1 :  It looks slightly darker. But is your hair wet? My ends dry faster too. 

For blonde i would consult a pro.  I did my own lightening twice and turned it orange. My hairdresser adds toner to avoid what she calls hot roots where the roots are different than the rest becsuse its uncolored hair at the root versus color treated the rest of the way. Thats why you cant treat the root with the same as the rest.

They might be able to match the root…Its not too noticeable though so you have some time. 

Post # 3
163 posts
Blushing bee

I don’t have any advice because I’m not a hair dresser and tend to mess up my hair every time i do it on my own, but maybe you could turn it into a kinda balayage look. 

Post # 7
5038 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2017

I would go to a salon to correct.  I never, ever dye my hair at home. I wouldn’t trust my lacking skill set in this area.

Post # 8
808 posts
Busy bee

Not a hairdresser, but I’ve highlighted my own dark brown hair with blonde highlights probably more than 10 times myself. If I had to guess it looks like you didn’t work the dye in enough at the top of your hair or leave it on long enough. If the top of your hair was darker than the bottom then it would take longer for that part to reach your desired color.

I vote for going to a salon to fix it.

Post # 9
2657 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Bambi1 :  personally I’d deep condition, wait a few days and then try again with the same dye but use 2 boxes and glob all of it on there and really work it through. It looks to me like you just didn’ have enough saturation of dye the first time.

Post # 10
595 posts
Busy bee

I’d go to a hairdresser to correct. I’d rather be on the safe side rather than risking my hair right now seeing as I’m not willing to go short right now. And worst case scenario, trying to diy correct it could lead to a forced massive chop.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors