(Closed) Help deciding on date/ceremony plan…PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ADVICE ASAP

posted 7 years ago in Ceremony
  • poll: Would you not give as much money to a Dec. 3 (or early December) wedding?
    No, I would treat it as any other wedding, any other time of year, and give the appropriate amount. : (5 votes)
    71 %
    Yes, it is during the holidays; I need to save money for Xmas and other holiday gifts : (0 votes)
    Maybe. It depends on how close I am to the Bride and Groom. The closer I am, the more $. : (2 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 3
    Member
    5295 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 1993

    Honestly, I think the month and a half is not that much to wait. Believe me – my wedding is in 1 MONTH and I would almost like a little extra time. The only other big thing I can think of is depending on your location, could you be having winter weather in December? I’m in WI, so that’s definitely a concern! But if you are further south, it may not be an issue to worry about.

     

    Otherwise I would just leave it – you’ll end up being grateful for the extra time and then the BM’s wife can attend.

    Post # 5
    Member
    4518 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

    You haven’t sent out save the dates or made any other announcements about the date, right? If that’s the case, I say change it if you want to. October is still a long way off; it’s not like you’re changing the date to June.

    As for your best man’s wife–there are going to be people who can’t attend no matter what date you choose. Choose the day that makes the most sense for you.

    Post # 6
    Member
    3220 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 2012

    you sound like you really just want approval to switch the date– have you already sent out save the dates for the old date?  I’d say if no one knew your old date, then it’s fine to change, but if you’ve already sent out the Save-The-Date Cards then you’re out of luck.

    Post # 8
    Member
    227 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

    If it were me, and save the dates were already out, i’d just stick with the original. I think it would be somewhat inconvenient for your guests who you told to save the date – that’s the point – to save it!

    But if the price change is a big difference, I might also consider it. I hate winter and would not want to get married when it is that cold, so October does sound better. But, some of the other bees are right – you may want that extra month and a half. I’m in an 9-month engagement and time is FLYING by. I’d be stressing if I had to move everything up 1.5 months.

    The topic ‘Help deciding on date/ceremony plan…PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ADVICE ASAP’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors