(Closed) Help!! Desperately need a answer!

posted 6 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
14660 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

No.  That just effects how much taxes are taken out of your paycheck.  You can still file joint.

Post # 4
2450 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012


it’s only so they can take out the correct about of money from your paycheck. it won’t prevent you from being able to file jointly though.


Post # 5
4948 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

My husband and I did the same – he changed his to married, I forgot. It’s not a big deal. As a PP said, it doesn’t change anything as far as how you file.

Post # 7
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

There’s actually a checkbox on the W-4 form that says “married but filing at higher single rate” that lets them take out more money from each check, but gives you a bigger tax refund.

It’s like an interest-free loan to uncle sam!

Which, if that’s your thing, I guess…

Post # 8
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Nope. It just means you will get more back from the government.

The topic ‘Help!! Desperately need a answer!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors