(Closed) Help! Do you have pics of Martina Liana dress #419?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Did you end up going with this dress? I’m dying to see pics of someone in it as well! 

Post # 4
6 posts
Newbee

here is a pic of me in martina liana 419…this particular sample is a bit tight through the hip, but you get the idea…

Post # 5
6 posts
Newbee

and this is the same dress (419) with a different sash. I’m not a fan of the big contrast but it is flattering to the waistline.

Post # 6
69 posts
Worker bee

VERY flattering!! It looks amazing! Did you end up buying it?! 

Post # 7
6 posts
Newbee

@fusco737: I did say yes to the dress! we are having a vintage themed wedding and I felt the lace and beading on this dress had that feel. The detail on the dress is very rich in person and it just felt special. I have ordered the dress but haven’t bought a sash yet. I am looking around. Haven’t decided if I want to go ivory and try to match the dress, or go with something slightly contrasting like the “malt” belt in the first pic….thoughts?

Post # 8
69 posts
Worker bee

@mimicj:  I actually put a deposit down on this dress the other day but I’m going back this weekend because I’m torn between this one or ML 423, they’re both gorgeous dresses it’s so hard to choose! I tried it on with a champagne colored sash and that’s probably what I’ll go with only because my colors are brights (aqua/coral) and our wedding is near the beach. I have to say though I love the look of the malt belt And if I were doing a vintage theme that’s probably what I would go with.

Btw, we have the same wedding date! Yay 🙂

Post # 9
6 posts
Newbee

@fusco737: wow, same wedding date and same dress (maybe)! that’s crazy. where are you getting married?

as for the dress choice, I saw ML 423 on the site and was quite curious about it too. The boutique where I bought my dress didn’t carry it so I haven’t seen it in person or tried it on. I wondered how it might compare…Do you have pics of you in either of the dresses? 

Post # 10
6110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Fusco737:  I haven’t seen the 423 in person but the 419 is stunning (I have seen this one in person)! My vote is for that one lol. I’m also a ML bride 🙂  (just a different dress – 377)

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@Fusco737:  It’s funny that you’re torn between the 419 and the 423, because when I went to try on dresses, I had a tough time deciding between them too!  I tried on both and it came down to those two dresses…but in the end I decided on the 419. 

I liked 423 a lot, it was super flattering and I would have added a beaded/blingy belt.  In the end I loved the beading on the 419 more than the lace, plus I liked that it had more of a train 🙂 Both are gorgeous.  If the deposit won’t be an issue, def go back and see you feel!

Post # 12
69 posts
Worker bee

Hi ladies!! I’m so glad there are others out there that love these dresses too! I must have tried on like 30 dresses and none felt as good as ML. Below are pics in both. Like I said I’m going back on Saturday to try both on again. I definitely love the longer train as well and the only reason I’m still considering 423 is because they can custom the  train length as I wanted a longer train too (ML is apparently one of the few designers that does customs BUT those changes cost more $$ ). I always envisioned more of a lace look than a beaded look which is why I’m second guessing my decision but no question both dresses are gorgeous! I’ll probably stick with 419, I think the beading will actually look pretty amazing in the sun (outdoor wedding).

@mimicj:  wedding is in Huntington Beach, California 

Post # 13
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2013

You look stunning in both!  I got a quote from the shop I ordered mine from.  They said that the price of the longer train comes from Martina Liana, not the particular shop.  They quoted me $1,000-$1,300 to extend mine… but they could have been tacking on their own price, too. 

Post # 14
69 posts
Worker bee

@alana519:  thanks! Yeah my shop said min. $500 (for alterations) but likely more on that dress due to the beading. Really don’t think I’m willing to throw down that much as I’m already at the top of my budget. It’s a trunk show tomorrow so we’ll see what they say ( I think I  just need to try it on again & be 100% sure), good thing 419 is gorgeous too so it’s really a win either way! Are you wearing the malt sash with yours?

Post # 15
69 posts
Worker bee

So I went back to try both dresses on again and I’m still torn… AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! 

Post # 16
6 posts
Newbee

@fusco737: As I mentioned, I never saw the 423 in person but after seeing it on the site, wondered if I might have wanted to try it….However, when I see pics of you in both, I feel like 419 has an extra something special and you look stunning in it! I may be biased as I ordered 419 but I do think the beading will be amazing in the sun – my wedding is outdoor too. And, I was choosing between this dress and another dress that was all lace (I too envisioned myself in lace more than beading and appliques….). However, 419 looks so rich, unique, special…that outweighed the other lace dress for me. I’m doing vintage theme and both had a vintage feel…but the beading on the 419 adds a little old hollywood sparkle too!

The topic ‘Help! Do you have pics of Martina Liana dress #419?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors