- 5 years ago
- Wedding: July 2014
after your encouragement to be persistent, I got Dressilym to agree to send pics before sending the dress. This is the dress I ordered:
And without further ado, et voila, MY dress:
What do you think?
My general concerns are:
1. I ordered it in ivory, but it does seem quite white to me?
2. I ordered a US size 12 (no custom measurements). It doesn’t seem like they pinned it smaller to fit the doll or I don’t see that? Because I most certainly don’t see how this dress should be a size 12?
3. The cut seems more mermaid-y than A-line to me? (It looks a bot odd on the model as she stands awkwardly, but in the description it said A-line.)
As for the details:
The quality of the original pics were not good, so now I realize I didn’t see all the details and pictured the dress differently, but that’s really my fault not theirs …
1. I am not sure the lacing on the upper part of the bodice (overlapping the bodice if you will) is right? The middle and left lace “arches” I think just have a fold in them, so they look a bit off. But that should probably be OK?
2. In the dressilyme pic, it seems to me like the train is buttoned to the dress?! Which in my case it certainly isn’t.
3. The zip at the back seems to be a bit uneven??? Like it goes in a straight line for the first half (starting from the top) and then has this little edge in the middle and going towards the bottom. Do you think this is just the picture / way they placed it on the doll?
I do think they made the dress quite nicely in terms of craftmanship. I’m just not sure I like the dress… Oh well, I’ll see once it gets here.
In case you see anything that needs alterations, I’d be most grateful!!!
Thanks in advance and sorry in case of any unclarities as I’m not an English antive 🙁