(Closed) Help! Eggplant/Aubergine & Gold wedding = hard to match theme

posted 8 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
3539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

have you ever thought about making your own linens? Like table runners in the eggplant, because Im sure you find the fabric. I would make the runner and get them personalised with a monogram? maybe.

Ill keep a look out tho!

Post # 4
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2010

For My Oct 16th 2010 wedding my colors are eggplant, gray and green.  I am using aubergine vases 14″ high from z gallerie which I will be selling afterwards, I should have about 15 after giving some away as gifts, if you are interested I plan on asking for $10 a piece plus shipping.

I feel the frustration you have with trying to find things in dark purple!

[attachment=869459,108528]

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Hi Erika,

I got married in November 2010 and I did eggplant and ivory with gold accents. It was beautiful! I can send you pictures from my wedding if you’d like! Basically I picked the darkest purple for the guest tables with ivory chair covers and purple chair bows. Our head table had gold satin and ivory and the cake table was gold. We used gold chargers. The centerpieces were gold whirly willows (those spiral sticks) with purple orchids glued onto them. All of the boquets had cream roses with purple flowers. Hope that helps!

Post # 6
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m also thinking of doing eggplant. I’d love to see pics! It’s so hard to find any!

Post # 7
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m doing plum/aubergine.  Having a heck of a time.  Everything is either too blue or too red.  This is what I’ve been using as a guide and to show vendors what kind of purple I’m looking for.  I was sold on those gorgeous chair covers immediately.  If you scroll over each photo it will bring up closer shots of that photo.  All the vendors are linked in the descriptions.

http://www.brides.com/wedding-ideas/wedding-style/editorial-pick/2009/03/plum-perfect?slide=3#

The topic ‘Help! Eggplant/Aubergine & Gold wedding = hard to match theme’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors