- 6 years ago
- Wedding: August 2012
The wall is what I feel like I’m beating my head against.
I’m trying to find flower girl / jr bridesmaids dresses for a 9 and 11-year-old who will be our only attendants (one on each side). My initial thought has been to have them in the lilac/lavender/light purple family, but that’s way harder than I expected and I have been driving myself nuts. I feel like maybe I’m trying to satisfy too many factors. Here’s the list of factors…
Am I 1) out of my mind and being too particular, or 2) keeping my budget too small?
- Budget is $60 MAX (cheaper is better–30/40 would be awesome)
- Wedding colors are navy blue and lavender/lilac with mocha and ivory accents (backdrop: http://tinyurl.com/76chpns).
- Late-August afternoon wedding, laid back but elegant (too hot for outdoors, but it has a garden vibe.
- The 9-year-old is very long and very lean, 11-year-old is average-plump and still child-like in appearance. I’m very anxious to have the 11yo feel beautiful in her dress, so I’m trying to stick to an a-line since I think that will most-likely flatter her shape.
- Groom will probably wear light-colored suit
- My dress: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1367 (ivory/mocha)
- Ideal fabric would be a non-shiny chiffon, but satin-type is great, too.
I’ve been digging through ebay, amazon, sophiasstyle.com, all the department stores, anything that’s not a bad knock-off site, etc… nothing seems right to me. Am I being too picky for the price, or is there somewhere something I missed? Should I switch to ivory dresses for the girls and just have a colored sash? (my concern with that is that we’re going to be too light/colorless standing up there all together in front of the backdrop). Should I worry about whether it’s “busy” or not, considering all the detail on my dress?
I’m SOOOO not visual and so this very hard for me to conceive of and have confidence in, and I’m running out of time with only months left before the wedding. Help, please!!