Post # 1
I got a mosquito bite on Sunday afternoon and have not itched it ONCE since then! I’ve used a Benadryl stick, Windex, etc on it and it’s still bright red, about the size of a nickel and on my upper arm – completely visable for pictures… even my mom’s concerned!
Any suggestions to get rid of this thing before Sunday?! 🙁
Post # 4
If you heat up a coffee mug of water in the microwave and hold the hot mug to the top of the bite. I am alergic to mosquitos and this is what I need to do for most of my bites. It draws the “poison” up to the top and then it will go away.
Post # 5
Mix a little baking soda with water to make a paste. Paste it on that bad boy and let the sucker dry out.
It is supposed to alleviate the itch & reduce swelling. It is what my mom used when i would get stung by a wasp or hornet, which happened far too many times in my youth.. you would think a girl would learn haha.
Post # 6
Can you get an appointment with your doctor or dermatologist? Not to creep you out, but it might not be a mosquito bite – it coud be from a spider or a horsefly or any number of other bugs, so the conventional mosquito bite treatments might not be the most effective thing. And if nothing else, he can probably give you a cortisone shot to take the swelling/redness down faster.
Post # 7
I am with ChiCat on this one. Visit your doc or dermatologist. I am sure they can prescribe you something that will not only help with the swelling but also the itch. She is also absolutely right that it may not be a mosquito bite. So get it checked.
I know for one, I found out I am allergic to mosquitos. They easily flare up to be the size of quarters (or bigger) that eventually black & blue and even scar. Unfortunately, they love me too much. I had no joke about 25 mosquito bites for the wedding. Fortunately most of them stayed on my legs but a day before the wedding, I got two on my neck side by side as if I was bit by a vampire. Grrr!