Post # 1
Hello girls, I fell in love with this dress from , but I have to shell out $ 5000.00. Do you thinkI can them do a similar site of china?
And while I do not like hair stuck, and have very long hair, looking like a second headkkkk Do you think this hair would work? Would have any suggestions?
Post # 3
very pretty dress and I like the hair down too.
I dont know of any good china sites you can order the dress from though, sorry
Post # 4
The hair looks like it’s from the Princess Bride- which is not criticism because I love that movie- “Maiwage…..” The dress certainly seems simple enough design wise to be able to have it made for – oh, I don’t know, $4800 less!
Post # 5
I’d email Jasmine’s Bridal Shop and ask if they can replica that dress.
Post # 6
I got mine from babyonline on dhgate and am pleased. There is no lace on mine, though
Post # 7
Post # 8
@mrsmel: you know someone who had to do there? was good?
Post # 9
I think hair up would show off that pretty neckline on the dress, instead of covering it up.
There are lots of reviews of China replica stores on here, just search old forums.
Post # 11
Hair is gorgeous!!! I agree about looking into the reviews of online China dress sites on here, but do NOT expect it to be exactly the same dress of the same great quality.
Post # 13
@kate02121: Kate daer, can you point me to a site that you’ve heard more good reviews than bad?
Post # 15
I’ve heard of good reviews from dressillyme and jasmines.
Post # 16
I ordered a dress from a China based company. They have very mixed reviews going from terrible to wonderful. I couldn’t afford the wedding dress of my dreams so I paid a fraction of the price to get my dress from China instead. I did a lot of research before choosing the company to order from and I suggest you do the same. If you have any doubts at all it is best to avoid them
They actually had my dress on their website but they also offer to copy the dress you want. I think successful results from this company are based on several factors – some you can do something about and others you can’t….Here is some advice based on my experience and what I have learnt from reviews…..
- The dress quality depends a certain extent on the experience of the dressmaker doing your dress. You might be lucky and get someone who will do a superb job, or maybe not. I have seen pictures of dresses made badly by these companies and they can be awful. From reviews I have seen it seems like the most succesful copies are when the dress is a simple design. Dresses that have detailed beading might not be done as well as the original. Ruffles and pleats sometimes cause problems. Some mistakes can be rectified by hiring a good dressmaker though.
- Accepting that it will be a copy not the exact dress will prevent disapointment. Be realistic that a $5000 dress cannot be reproduced exactly for $500. Details like the lace may not be exactly as in the original – would that be too much of a disapointment? Getting a copy of a dress can work if it is the style you most want rather than getting the exact dress. For me the neckline and the corset back was the ‘must have’ factor of my dream dress so I wasn’t too worried if other details were slightly different. In fact I was very lucky and my dress was almost exactly like the original. The dress you have chosen is gorgeous btw!
- I would not opt for ordering custom size. If you do this then it is very likely the measurements will be wrong. The speed in which the dresses are made are reflected in the very cheap price and errors are sometimes made. Often the dresses turn up too small and it is harder to take out a dress than it is to take in. Take your measurements and look at their standard dress size chart and order one size up. If the dressmaker makes the dress on the smaller side then it is ok. If it is larger a dressmaker will have no problem taking it in. These dresses are made with the minimum amount of extra material in the seams. A good dressmaker can usually take a dress in up to 2 or 3 sizes at least, but letting out a dress without excess material to do it is usually beyond even expert help.
- Plan to book a dressmaker/seamstress! Even dresses bought in wedding shops need some degree of alteration. I was advised to allow time for alterations when I was trying on the original dress and so I already had a dressmaker booked for when my copied dress arrived. Yes, my dress arrived slightly too large but it will be no problem for a dressmaker to make it so that it fits. They can rectify many things, so allow for that extra cost on top of the price quoted for the copied dress. Many people order the copied dress and don’t realise that they will probably have a dressmakers bill as well and although it is still a huge saving, it won’t have been as much as they had hoped.
- Order the dress with plenty of time to spare. These sites do often have the option to deliver quickly if you increase postage costs. Be aware though that you are ordering overseas and delays can happen. Although they usually claim about 3 weeks is adequate time, I would order at least 4 months ahead of your wedding day to ensure it arrives before the wedding day and to make sure you have time for alterations. A lot of the negative reviews on sites like these are from people whose dress didn’t turn up in time for their day.
- Make sure that you are very clear about the extras they provide like crinolines and clarify if the back of the dress has a zip or corset. Being very clear on all details will hopefully prevent problems. Don’t assume they already know or will guess correctly. Request that they confirm the order details with you before you pay for the item so that you can be sure they haven’t misunderstood. I sent a question about my dress to one company and asked if the dress could be made without the embroidery (I was getting worried about the detail on the dress going wrong and figured it would be better to have no embroidery than badly done embroidery) I requested no other changes and they replied “Yes, we can make the dress without the train” I replied saying that I didn’t mention the train..I want the train! What I was asking was could they do the dress without the embroidery? They replied “Yes we can make the dress without the embroidery and without the train” – So I didn’t buy my dress from them!!!!!
My dress turned out to be wonderful and I am so glad (I am happy to email you pictures of original and copy if you like but I don’t want them on a public forum before the wedding!) But like I said earlier I was quite relaxed about how it turned out and was happy to pay for a dressmaker to rescue it if it was a disaster! There were just certain elements I adored and luckily they got these spot on. The only indication in my eyes that it is a copy is the weight of the dress – In the shop the dress was very heavy and the copy is much lighter as obviously there is a difference in material quality. I was worried that people would look at my wedding dress and know it was a copy but honestly no one would….my bridesmaids and I were in tears of happiness and relief that it turned out so well.
Sorry to go on and on – but thought my experience might help! Good luck xxxxxx