- 6 years ago
- Wedding: May 2013
Greetings Bee’s!! I’m the Groom to be, me and the wife to be ran into some issues with our wedding planner, we decided to go with a month of planner. At this point we don’t have much confidence in her, and we have good reason no to.
Our wedding day is May 18, 2013. Unlike most grooms I am actively involed in our wedding process.
To those that have dealt with lazy /incompetent planners, is there anything more we can do besides leaving negative feedback for them on all message boards, BBB and save someone else? I’m wondering if we have any legal recourse or if we could sue for breach of contract and misrepresentation. If we feel she has not lived up to her end of the contract? Can she be in breach as well?
We got a planner to alleviate headaches but we feel we may need to assign another person to keep the planner in check.
We are close to firing her, but may risk losing what we’ve paid. Also we have a small balance we owe her a week before the wedding. To my knowledge the contract we signed states there are no refunds, but her services can be cancelled for non-payment.
Some of the things we feel she did not do at all or or did poorly include:
– they our wedding date wrong after bing told over 10 X’s and listed the incorrect date on numerous communications she sent out to us.
– sent us a incorrect timeline and budget based filled with errors + the incorrect wedding day.
– never took ownership for her critical errors. Chalked it up to a technical issue.
– made horrible color and theme suggestions and gave no rationale for choices.
– created a cookie cutter budget that was 8K-10K over budget.
– provided lackluster or sketchy vendor suggestions.
How should we go about this? Should we confront her, get another planner, do it ourselves, report her to the BBB and demand a refund? Any suggestion? What would you do?
Are there any legal professionals in here, and would we have any grounds to sue in small claims court? I’d be basing this on misrepresentation and breach of contract.