(Closed) Help – How to deal with “the one who got away”

posted 7 years ago in Relationships
Post # 3
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m confused. Is this your fiance you are talking about, or an ex-boyfriend?

Post # 4
2889 posts
Sugar bee

Do you have his phone number? Write an old fashioned letter. Although, I’m not sure if you want him back or just to appologize for leaving the way you did and gain closure.

Post # 5
600 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2006

Often having regrets like this are a sign that you’re not happy with your life right now.  I would really encourage you to go to counseling or if you can’t afford it, writing works wonders.  You can PM me and I can give you some writing prompts that I give my clients.  A really good website is also authentichappiness.com and to sign up is free.  It has a whole bunch of tools to track your happiness and how to become happier.  A GREAT book for you would be Positivity by Barbara Fredrickson.

@slicey19 has some great advice, that’s the first thing I would recommend is write your ex a letter *but don’t send it.*  In the letter don’t hold back, say everything that comes to your mind and then either save it or destroy it (tear it up, burn it, draw over it with sharpees, etc.).

Post # 7
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

i would suggest writing a letter but not sending it – no need to insert yourself into someone elses life because you have residual feelings

maybe bury or burn the letter afterwards, let the words fly into the wind and close that chapter of your life


The topic ‘Help – How to deal with “the one who got away”’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors