- ellie rose
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: November 2011
Okay- the big debate. I’m from Michigan, Fiance is from Florida and we currently live in New York.
He wants to get married in Florida, I want to get married in Michigan. Here’s why this makes the most sense…. Tell me what you think/if you have any suggestions.
1. With a very rough guest list, there will be more MI attendees than both Florida and New York.
2. For our NY attendees, a drive to MI is far more feasible than a drive/flight to Florida.
3. Michigan has some beautiful places to get married!
4. I have 3 sets of living grandparents (well, some step grandparents, but you get the picture) Fiance sadly does not have any grandparents so if we had a wedding in FL we’d have to figure out accomodations for my grandparents where as thats not something we’d have to factor in for a wedding in Michigan.
5. My family knows several companies in Michigan that could help us for our event. My uncle owns a tent rental business and my parents have a caterer on trade so those are expenses we could potentially cut out of our wedding all together to use the money to get his family to Michigan.
6. It’s my hometown!
7. My parents are covering quite a bit of the expenses.
Okay- FI’s main concern is that his family will already ALL be traveling to New York for his sister’s wedding in June of the same year, and they dont have a ton of money to be spending on things like this where as it wouldnt be such a big issue for my family to front expenses for traveling.
Anyway- What do YOU think? How can I present this in a way to make Fiance agree? Any alternative suggestions?
Help bees!! Thanks! <3