(Closed) Help: I have to choose 120 photos for our wedding album…from 1093!

posted 8 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
4824 posts
Honey bee

I had to do the same. Its tough!

I tried to split it evenly between details/getting ready, formals and guests (actually I went smaller on the formals)

I like pictures to show the vibe and energy of the party so I chose a lot of candids and dance shots.

I found it easier to start with taking the ones out you know you dont want, then choose the best of a group of similar ones.

The making sure I have one of all the important people.

And then slowly whiddle it down little by little.

Its easier than trying to choose 120 to start.

Post # 4
7295 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@lefeymw:  that sounds like a good plan! i will do it like that whenever i get around to it!

Post # 5
2950 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I started by picking out ones of just DH and I. I picked all the ones of just us that I HAD to havetotally loved, then moved outward from there. That way regardless most of the pics are of him and I. Also cut back on alot of guest pics, and multiple details pics (I didnt need 3 diff wedding cake pics, or 4 table setting pics etc) Hopefully this helps some…  120 pics; they should bump it to 200 or 250! haha. That has to be tough! Good Luck!!!!

Post # 7
2950 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@pengoala: I had them write in my contract that I got a copy of all the pics as well πŸ˜‰

Post # 8
1403 posts
Bumble bee

My advice….

First go through all of the proofs and narrow down to your favorite images, or better yet, take out the ones that you don’t like.

Then, break them into piles……

Prep

Ceremony

photoshoot and group/family shots

Reception

Pick about 35 images for each catagory

Break the reception into, details, first dances, toast, cakecutting, bouquet toss, all the important events.

Then weed out a few out of each segment until you are at your total.  Make sure you don’t overdo any one part, and make sure you don’t miss anything important.

Post # 10
775 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I would see if I could have them give you a DVD/CD of all of the images. This way you can put in the 120 and then go back later and print out more. My photographer gives a cd of all 400-600 images (I WISH i had 1000+) and we have full rights. I’m going to print the ones I want framed using mpix (they have REALLY good quality images) and then make photobooks with the ones that I absolutely love, but not love enough to frame from Photobook America.

Good luck. I’m SO hard at making decisions like that. I had about 100 pictures from my engagement shoot to pick from and picked my top favorites (which were about half hahaha) and had my Fiance narrow them all down to which looked the absolute best. 

Post # 12
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@pengoala: Oh my.  It took my friend 2 years to figure hers out…my photog is picking all the pictures and I have to proof it and tell her if there are any that she missed that I wanted in there.  No advice, except take out any ones that you don’t LOVE.  Hope you can decide soon πŸ™‚  

Post # 14
2192 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Lots of great advice!  My first instinct is to go through and eliminate the ones you definitely don’t like.  Be honest and critical and you will be surprised at the number left.  Good luck!

Post # 15
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 1995

As you are picking out images, be sure to remember (if this is the style you are looking for) that it’s a story of your day so you want to include a variety of all parts. I always recommend splitting them out by section and then choosing the faves from there. Good luck! if it’s hard to pick them out that’s a great problem that means you love your photos!

Marirosa

Post # 16
Hostess
11051 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@pengoala: I know that’s why I’m still doing mine lol.

I also broke it up into sections like

• Dress, tiara, shoes etc
  • Getting ready
  • Photos before at home
  • Arriving at church
  • Walking down the aisle   etc

The more you look time you look at them helps. though for a while you’ll keep your changing your mind, but you’ll get there.

The topic ‘Help: I have to choose 120 photos for our wedding album…from 1093!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors