Post # 1
Bees I need your help!
I decided instead of purchasing a wedding planner for $50 I would make my own! The only problem with this is I need some help on what all I should include in this binder. I want to include checklists and anything that could be useful to make this binder a huge help in my planning process. So this is where I need your help..Has anyone made their own binder? What are some good ideas and checklists that you can share with me?!
Thank you sooo much for any info you can provide:)
Post # 3
Go into Borders or B&N and look thru the ones you like there and search for the stuff online.
- One of the ones i looked at online had questions to ask vendors I wish mine had that.
- Decor ideas
- Guest list area for #’s Address’s & check boxes for Sent STD & Invite & if recieved RSVP
- List of duties for Bridesmaid or Best Man & Groomsmen
- Budget sheet
- Vendor section
I got mine from borders it was only 20 or 30. And i had a 50% coupon!
Post # 4
I also printed out calendar sheets online. You can write down when payments are due, deadlines, appointments, etc…
I think the checklists on The Knot, Martha Stewart Weddings, and Wedding Wire are pretty good.
You could also make a pocket or punch a folder to go in there to hold your contracts and other documents you don’t want to punch.
I have inspiration pics and text that I might want to use in the ceremony in there, too.
Post # 5
Zazzle is having a sale on custom binders!
Post # 6
i bought those clear sleeves to put in my DIY binder that i have slid the contracts in as well as a full breakdown of our registry!
Post # 7
Post # 8
I bought a planner, and the single most useful thing in it by far is a one-page chart with the following columns:
Vendor, Business name, Phone #, Email, Contract date, Total cost, Deposit & date, Deposit & date, Final payment & date
And then along the left are all the types of vendors I might have to hire, including the officiant, DJ, florist, etc etc.
Post # 9
Post # 10
I made my own wedding binder and NO JOKE everytime I meet with a vendor they are always impressed, haahahahah
- black 2 inch binder, found in my office
- two business card holder sheets – hold all vendor cards for info details
- dividers: each vendor has their own section as do, contracts, payments, misc, inspiration ideas
- clear 3 hole punch clear sleeve sheet protectors: if vendors give you pamphlets, foldouts, invitation samples, swatches, etc..store them in here
There is probably much more but I can’t think of it now…haahaahaa I bought a binder from B&N as well but ended up returning it because I made my own and its been much more helpful
Post # 11
For some reason my jaw hit the floor when I read “business card holder sheets.” Office Depot, here I come!