(Closed) Help, I’m so in decisive. Book soon or wait for prices to drop?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Book it now you’re close!

Post # 4
14657 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m just like you… I research the HELL out of everything before I can make a decision.  Sometimes we drive ourself crazier that we need to.  Pick the best thing for the budget you have at somewhere you want to go, book now, and check it off the list… you’ll be so relieved to just get it done.   (have you checked out St John or St Thomas?.  I’m not sure about AI’s though.  I’m going the regular hotel route) 

Post # 5
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

You should look on CheapCaribbean.com – they have much better deals than that!

Post # 6
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m the same way as you but I would say book it now since you’re so close.  I did the same thing and noticed the prices are lowest around February so I’m booking then next year.  You could also go talk to a travel agent, sometimes they get better prices on things you don’t even know are out there.

Post # 7
3142 posts
Sugar bee


Agreed.  And BookIt is great too.  And they have a book now/pay later option with no penalty

Post # 8
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

When are you expecting the prices to drop? As far as I know the closer we get to summer the higher the prices get. But I could be wrong

Post # 9
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Book it! honestly you will be so relieved to tick it off your list. I was sort of going through the ssame thing – but with fligths to europe – i kept waiting and waiting and was driving myself crazy especially when they kept going up. in the end i just thought sod it – and i booked. so relieved now!

Post # 11
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i did the same thing… i was obsessed…. we ended up at secrets maroma beach for 3500 in a swim up room… 6 nights, transfers and insurance included… and i havent looked back! just book it now… youll be happy u did 🙂

Post # 12
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Book ASAP. I waited to book ours and it cost me an extra $1500. Ouch.

Post # 13
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@retroindigo: I just saw your post, and let me tell you, you sound just like me! HAHA.. i’m in the exact same boat, been researching all inclusive packages in St Lucia, Punta Cana, Curacao, Jamaica …and with the same exact budget too!  I dont know when to book ..if sooner the better or what…or what if i make a mistake. I’m also worried about hurricane season.. I’ve been stressing over this honeymoon for months and bugging my Fiance about deciding too.. Who would have thought the honeymoon would be the hardest part?!?! Right now, I really want to do St. Lucia, but the AI seem so expensive and picking a resort is tough…..=( So now, I dont know if I should do Hawaii because its just safer but I really want to go elsewhere ..somewhere more exotic that I wouldnt normally go to…I really want tropical honeymoon in the Caribbean but it looks like its more expensive..and got to worry about the weather..*sigh* keep me updated on what you decide! If you find any good deals haha..I need help too!

Post # 15
746 posts
Busy bee

The longer you wait, the more likely the price is to climb. Your wedding is on a very popular date.

Airline pricing is like the stock market-it changes constantly. The best advice I can give you is that if you find a price that you’re comfortable with, book it, and then never look at it again. The price will undoubtedly change. You can make yourself crazy if you over think it!

Post # 16
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

This post is freaking me out, I have to say.  I keep not booking our trip (St. Maarten) because I want to find a better deal on flights.  I am going to take the advice of the bees on this board, and would tend to agree with them after reading this and other posts…just book it 1) RELIEF that it is off the to-do list 2) It will be great, no matter where you are and what amenities are/aren’t there 3) pricing will probably go up in summer months.  And thanks to the poster that mentioned a TA, I think that I am going to find one next week and let them do the heavy lifting.

The topic ‘Help, I’m so in decisive. Book soon or wait for prices to drop?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors