(Closed) Help in understanding ordering from MCo to Canada?? Anyone with Sol358?

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
62 posts
Worker bee

My SO and I shopped for my Engagement Ring from MoissaniteCo, I was really nervous to be ordering a ring online and from the states but as far as I know he’s had an amazing experience. He ordered my ring (enr037) around March 15th and despite the 11-12 processing days it stated, it was shipped out about a week later, and arrived at our door via FedEx delivery less than 2 days after it was shipped out. We got the 6mm center, so the base cost was $865, plus $25 for shipping to Canada so rounding out at $890, the exchange rate made is $1160 I believe and then we had a $160 import tax. 

The proposal hasnt happened yet so I can’t tell you anything about the quality of the ring as I have not seen it in person, but I know my SO has been very impressed with the company every step of the way, as they made the process nice and easy for him. 

Oh! I also ordered a ring sizer from them a few months ago, it was free and arrived very quickly, so I knew exactly which size to give my SO, I didn’t want to hassle of having to re-size once it arrived!

Hope that helps!

Post # 4
1245 posts
Bumble bee

Hey Bee!

Fiance was lucky enough to order when the dollar was stronger (however I did make fun when he finally ordered that if he’d ordered a few months earlier it was basically at par haha). Anway, Fiance drives into the  states often for work so he shipped to a mail box in port huron (he also has one in Buffalo). So if you’re in a border town I suggest a trip to pick it up and Fiance can propose there!  Then no duty! 

But as for our experience – it shipped within 10 days of ordering and delivered 3 days later and she is a beauty!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  robynrox47.
Post # 6
1245 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
girlinthesix:  Lol! It’s not a HUGE savings but $180 is hair & makeup 

Post # 7
62 posts
Worker bee

@girlinsix Nope, there was just an invoice attatched to the back of the box and I believe there was information for how to make a payment either online or on the phone!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  ladyrosey.
Post # 9
1245 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
girlinthesix:  LOL! I sent Fiance 6 styles I like along with details about Moissanite and why or why not to get FB, stone and finger sizes and when it came time for him to order he handed me his laptop with the site open and said: ok, order your ring…

Research is good!

Post # 11
650 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

My SO ordered my ring (ENG880-FB) from moissaniteco, and it is BEAUTIFUL!
I am pretty sure it came within 2 weeks (he ordered it February 29th and proposed March 25th, and I know he had it for about 2 weeks). 
He did get charged duty, though. I have no idea how much. And the exchange rate is terrible right now so the prices were quite a bit higher with Canadian exchange. It sounds like the duty had to be paid upon delivery… he had it sent to a family member’s house so I wouldn’t be the one signing for it, haha, but I know they needed to pay. 

I asked my SO if it was easy to order, and he said it was. He just clicked, filled out info, paid, and waited. 

Post # 12
47289 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
girlinthesix:  There is no duty on any article made in the US or Mexico because of NAFTA. There will be sales tax and that varies depending on yor province of residence.

Please know that if you pick the ring up in the US you are still legally obligated to declare it at the border. It’s not worth having the ring seized to lie about a few dollars.

Post # 13
5155 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2010

I have ordered completed items and loose stones from Mo Co and never paid duty as they were made in the U.S. Just provincial sales tax (which was hit and miss – sometimes I got charged it, sometimes not) and Fed Ex’s brokerage fee.

And yes, if you pick up at the border you still need to declare items, it is just you are importing/brokering it yourself and not having a courier company do it, etc. The usual personal exemptions apply but if you are just driving down to border storage or whatever and back across you don’t get those exemptions. Not declaring can get you in a lot of shit, don’t do that. Just pay your sales tax and move on.

Post # 14
279 posts
Helper bee

I don’t have a Moissanite Co ring but I ordered earrings from them. It took a little over a week to have them made, and I recieved them sbout 3 or 4 days after they were shipped.

I did not pay any duty, but had to pay a fee to Fedex. I wasn’t at home when they attempted delivery so had to go to a Fedex warehouse to pick them up and paid the fee there. If you are home you can just pay at the door.

Overall I had no complaints and everything worked out great. Their customer service was freat when I emailed them with questions. I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase from them again. 

The topic ‘Help in understanding ordering from MCo to Canada?? Anyone with Sol358?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors