(Closed) HELP!!! Its hit 100 degrees here… And make up is sliding and melting off!

posted 4 years ago in Beauty
Post # 2
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

I suggest a setting spray! You can get a high-end one like from Urban Decay or a more affordable one from NYX. I use the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray and that stuff keeps my makeup in place all day long!

Is your skin on the oily side? I would suggest blotting throughout the day to help with some of the oil and sweat. Setting powder can also help keep your foundation in place. Make sure you’re wetting your BeautyBlender before blending your foundation. I just started using the L’Oreal foundation sponge and I like it wayy better than the BeautyBlender, plus it’s a fraction of the price!

If it’s super hot outside some of your makeup is going to move around no matter what. The best thing you can do is prime, use a foundation that works with your skin type, use a setting powder or setting spray, and then blot and touch up with concealer throughout the day.

Post # 3
10306 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

Primer and setting spray.

Post # 4
58 posts
Worker bee

Is your foundation oil based? Get one that isn’t, if it is! 

Lol, I’m a sweater, so I feel your pain. What helps me is applying my makeup first thing in the A.M. right after a cool shower. Use primer, powder a LOT after foundation/highligher application (i.e. bake), and set your finished face with a non-oil based setting spray (I use urban decay, all nighter). The natural oils in your face come through almost immediately in the summer, so using a lot of powder won’t give you a weird look. 

Youtube is great for tutorials. Find a makeup guru with your skin tone and your skin type. They almost all have “drug store” tutorials as one of their video features.

You don’t have to spend a ton of money on ALL your products, but invest in a good primer, good sheer setting powder, and a good setting spray. 

Post # 5
858 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
mspenny :  You should look into a setting powder. I have super oily skin and in the summer everything is worse but since i’ve started using a setting powder I really notice a difference in the staying power of my make up. I use Covergirl Professional Loose Powder but there are a bunch out there. 

What i do is apply my foundation, concealer, countour, etc. and then apply a liberal amount with a wedge sponge or with the poof that comes inside the powder. I usually put it all over my face but specifcally under my eyes, on my forhead, and nose. Just let it sit for about a minute or however long it takes you to do you mascara and then with a big powder brush gently brush it away.

Post # 6
384 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I have very oily skin and use L’oreal Pro-Matte 24 hour foundation and love it. I was using Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation before, and I wasn’t a fan of that, however their Shape Tape concealer is a life saver for me and I highly recommend it even though it is pricey. The tube is large and lasts a long time though! I also use NXY matte setting spray and their loose setting powder. 

Post # 7
3117 posts
Sugar bee

makeup setting spray – Urban Decay’s is pretty good and not too pricy.  I also find primer helps – I love Hourglass Veil Mineral primer.

Post # 9
324 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
mspenny :  Oh man, I can’t imagine walking to work in that heat, especially if there’s any humidity! Is there any way you could leave early, arrive at work, rinse your face, and apply your makeup there?

Post # 10
587 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

Greetings from the Deep South! Yes, you are correct! The trick is to wear as little makeup as possible!! Check out Paula’s Choice.com for high-quality and affordable skincare, and pop some green tea bags soaked in water in a plastic bag in your fridge to reduce eye puffiness. 

I have oily skin that would be oilier without BC, and I only use cream-based makeup. Moisturizer, sunscreen, Laura Mercier silk creme foundation or tinted mositurizer, cream concealer, cream blush and shadow. I find that the only bad choice for eyeliner is a kohl pencil, it just slides around on slick skin. 

If I’m going to an event I’ll set my makeup with LM translucent setting powder and Skindinavia setting spray. (Skindinavia makes Urban Decay’s spray and their website always has sales)

I used to wear primer but got lazy, this Neutrogena sunscreen in SPF 30 doesn’t interfere with my makeup at all: https://jet.com/product/detail/1761f6d253f947ec906ecc736078f55d

eta: read your update about feeling naked without makeup, Stila makes the best cream color and you can reapply even after you’ve gotten sweaty! https://www.stilacosmetics.com/products/convertible-color

Post # 11
1127 posts
Bumble bee

Setting powder, setting spray, primer

Post # 12
49 posts
Newbee

Setting spray helps me out and i’m super oily and live in swampy NJ.  I’ve used NYX mattifying spray and ELF setting spray and liked both equally. Stay away from “dewey” I find that code for “if you want your face to slide off use this.”  haha.  

Post # 13
246 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
zwimmerz :  I’ve heard so many good things about the Shape Tape concealear! I usually use the Fit Me concealer from Maybelline but I may have to splurge and try the Tarte one.

Post # 14
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

I used the laura mercier translucent powder with a damp beauty blender all over my face, after foundation and sprayed my face like 3 times with the urban decay all nighter setting spray and my makeup stayed put all night

Post # 15
4229 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
mspenny :  I’m still dabbling into makeup, and it has definitely been a lot of trial and error.  You say you don’t want to spend an arm and a leg for makeup, but honestly, it’s worth it.  It actually lasts LONGER because you don’t have to reapply so much.  You also don’t have to buy something at Target and then it doesn’t work and you are stuck with a tube of something you hate, because Ulta has a phenomenal return program (you can return up to 60 days after purchase if you don’t love it, even opened!), and at Sephora you can get samples from pretty much anything to see if you love it.  I can’t even tell you how many drug store makeup things I’ve thrown in the garbage because it doesn’t work like I was hoping, or it stays in the back of my cupboard because I never want to use it.

On top of that, drug store makeup is actually pretty darn close to the cost of the higher end stuff!  A bottle of foundation at Target is easily $18…why would I waste that money on something I don’t know will work if I can spend $25 on something that does what it says it will and will last longer?

That being said, I would invest in a great primer, powder, and probably a spray too.  I use higher end foundations too, but you don’t necessarily need to do that if you have a good base and a good way to set it.  I have insanely oily skin and I sweat like a crazy person.  The only things I’ve tried that I’ve actually noticed a difference with are the Urban Decay sprays (De-Slick setting spray and B6 primer spray), a good powder — I’ve actually been using a no. 7 transluscent powder for over a year now and it works really well — and a change in my skin routine.  Plus, a good transluscent powder lasts forever!!

The topic ‘HELP!!! Its hit 100 degrees here… And make up is sliding and melting off!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors