Help! Jeweler changed nothing on my CAD and wants to charge $200.00 more!

posted 1 year ago in Rings
Post # 17
3970 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2007 - City, State

I honestly would ask for a full refund and go somewhere else. They don’t sound very good. If they won’t even email back and refund you, you can file a dispute with the credit card company of the card you used or PayPal, however you paid. That’s one thing I love with David Klass, you don’t pay a cent until the very end. And the amount he quotes in the beginning is the amount he charges. He never adds on cost unless you add stuff like more diamonds or something. 

View original reply
lemonsandlife71 :  

Post # 19
1355 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - City, State

View original reply
lemonsandlife71 :  I totally agree.  Go with your gut, which is not giving you any warm fuzzies over your beautiful ring!  Ask for refund and or dispute the charge.  I’m sure another vendor will make you very happy about your ring!

Post # 20
1251 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
lemonsandlife71 :  You don’t seem to understand what I am saying. I am not saying anything about your inspo pic and your CAD–not sure why you think I am comparing the two. I am talking about your first CAD and your design changes to the second CAD that you wanted.

From your post, “The diamonds closest to the center stone should be the same size as the diamonds on the outer part where the snowflake prongs are. They had the inner-most diamonds smaller.”

So it sounds like they made the innermost diamonds smaller than you wanted them to be on the first CAD they sent you, and you want a design change to make them slightly bigger to match the other diamonds (and your inspo pic). For example (not saying these are your dimensions) using 3mm stones instead of 2mm stones. That is changing the size of the diamonds from smaller to slightly bigger, and would change the TCW of the first CAD compared to the second CAD. I’m not in the jewelry business, so I don’t know how much this should increase the price, but I wouldn’t be suprised at all if using larger diamonds increased the price.

Anyway, it seems to me like you should change designers so this is a moot point.

Post # 22
1907 posts
Buzzing bee

This sounds painful. Get a refund and dump them.

Their customer service is atrocious. That they haven’t responded in days and ignored your requests is enough to be done. This is too expensive a project for you to be treated this way (not that it’s ever okay)

Post # 23
40 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2019

I know some people (myself included) don’t like talking on the phone, but i think it’s definitely needed in this instance.Make some bullet points of all the points you need to cover in case you forget. You can get an answer straight away and you may be able to explain your points with more clarity verbally rather than via email. I’ve also found people are more likely to par you off through email rather than talking directly. 

Post # 24
1394 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

View original reply
lemonsandlife71 :  Sorry but I don’t see any changes. The band change you requested should be the most obvious but it’s definitely the same. I really hope they accidentally sent you the 1st CAD back otherwise I would be looking around for another designer 😐

Post # 25
6414 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
lemonsandlife71 :  get your money back and go to another jeweler. I used David Klass and he did CADS no payment up front.  He’s super busy at the moment and can take a while to respond but overall I really like working with him.

Post # 27
3970 posts
Honey bee

Looks great! It’s good they admitted the messup and all. May I suggest tho, that you make the thickness 1.8mm also? 1.3mm is really thin and may wear faster, just my suggestion. The rest looks awesome! 

View original reply
lemonsandlife71 :  

Post # 29
3970 posts
Honey bee

That’s not true at all.. Leaving it only 1.3mm is super thin and can break or bend easily. Mine is 1.8mm and feels just fine. That’s so odd they said that. 

View original reply
lemonsandlife71 :  

Post # 30
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I too would suggest increasing the thickness to 1.8mm. From what I understand it’s the recommended minimum thickness for durability. Mine is 1.9mm and is extremely comfortable and does not feel thick at all😊

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors