(Closed) HELP!! Looking for a REASONABLE NYC Wedding Venue for 200+ Guests

posted 8 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

You can try all the local lofts or clubs, such as the 3West Club, Yale Club, Manhattan Penthouseetc., but not sure it would come within your budget if you want NYC – though if you are just doing cocktails, you might be able to find a deal somewhere.  I’d also look into Brooklyn (Bubby’s, Giando, etc.) and Queens (don’t know anything off hand). 

Post # 4
3564 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

To be honest, I think it’s going to be difficult to have a wedding for that number of people at that budget in the NYC Metro Area. I would consider trimming your guest list a bit. I would also check out Studio 450 and Midtown Loft and Terrace. Are you open to doing a Friday night or a Sunday afternoon wedding? If so, you might get more wiggle room within your budget. Check NY Magazine’s Wedding site–they have a ton of good suggestions. Good luck!

Post # 5
202 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

DEFINITELY look at Bubby’s.  Gorgeous venue with stunning views on Manhattan (it’s in Dumbo in Brooklyn), and they’ll give you the whole big place for cheap.  We looked there for our rehearsal dinner, which was a sit down dinner – and it was well under $100/head including alcohol.

I’m afraid Manhattan will be difficult for 200 people at $20,000 (is this to include things like dress/photography/flowers/etc?)

I would look into some night clubs too – anything from Home/Guesthouse, to Marquee, to the Gates, which often rent their space out until 10pm for private parties.  I don’t know about weddings, but they often host fundraisers, etc, earlier before their business starts around midnight.  Good luck!!!!

Post # 6
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

We rented the two floor Sara Metzer art gallery last November (http://www.sarameltzergallery.com/) for an evening for our engagement party, which was cocktails, heavy appetizers, and music (Ipod).  We had about 240 guests.  The event was supposed to be from 6 to 10 but we stayed there beyond I believe ’til midnight.

The rental cost was $2K for the whole day which we felt was the MOST reasonable of all venues.  We looked only at art galleries.  This place was reasonable probably b/c there’s no fancy view and it’s a bit in a random area. 

Meredith, the venue coordinator, was absolutely a pleasure to work with.

We used a caterer (http://prestanchefs.com/), rented cocktail tables, and two bars, and bought all the alcohol in NJ.. hired some bartenders from a local bar.

Our overall all-in cost was $12K and it was a blast.  I’m sure for a wedding, you can do it for under $20K.  PM me and I’m happy to send you some pictures of it. 

Post # 7
202 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Mehbee that’s genius!  I work in the art world and can’t believe I didn’t think of art galleries.  Great idea!!!  I’ve been at private dinner events (rented space) at Winston Waachter Fine Art, and Nancy Hoffman Gallery…also at various others but that were relating to the art world (not rented out) —- it would definitely be worth giving a few a call!!  Great idea Mehbee!  🙂

Post # 8
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Don’t be discouraged, I feel that your budget is workable.  I would look into Dumbo/Brooklyn heights, or consider a NYC venue without a terrace or view.  You should check out Thelassa or Manhattan penthouse.  If I’m not mistaken, I did receive quotes from both of them and they were very reasonable. 

Good Luck!

The topic ‘HELP!! Looking for a REASONABLE NYC Wedding Venue for 200+ Guests’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors