(Closed) Help! Looking for NYC venue under $5000

posted 4 years ago in Venue
Post # 2
922 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

$5000 all in? or just venue rental? Where have you looked?

You are gonna have to get creative with this one and probably cut your guest list. With a smaller guest list, you can consider resturant space.

We’re heading to the Hudson Valley for our wedding and limited the guest list to 30 and it’s still gonna be $10k.

It’s just so expensive here. 🙁

Post # 3
633 posts
Busy bee

including catering? or are you just looking to minimize the venue fee itself aside from catering costs?

Post # 4
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Basically impossible. Even restaurants around here are mostly at least 6-10k.

i think the boathouse / picnic house at prospect park are a little cheaper on weekdays / Sunday’s. But they will still be over 5K. 

our budget was 6k for venue including food and booze and we were limited to restaurant spaces. We are also only having 55 people. Almost all the spaces we looked at maxed out between 35-70 people. 

If you’re willing to cut your guest list I can PM you where we looked (we are also Brooklyn based). 

We considered a lot of open / warehouse spaces but ultimately decided we didn’t want the hassle of having to also rent tables and chairs and dishes. We sort of looked in New Jersey but my Fiance was pretty anti anything not off the mta Lol. 

Post # 6
1156 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Of all the NYC venues, BSEC was the most affordable at just $300 per hr (if I remember correctly). If you mean just venue, the prospect park picnic house is also about 5k. If you mean food too, sorry but that’s impossible with 125 guests (I wish)

Post # 8
564 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

Oh goodness, good luck. Our head count is 150 and we didn’t find anything cheaper than in the $30ks for venue/food/drink. And neither of the places we found that were in that range worked for us for other reasons – one was really too small (technically possible but, for example, a dance floor meaning not everyone would have seats) and the other we couldn’t have had for over a year. 

Edit- those actually may have gotten close to $40k. If you’re willing to look outside the city check out the lace factory in Connecticut. It’s remote but cool and cheap. Probably not the vibe you’re going for though. 

Post # 9
922 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I’ll PM you with my location details as our venue fee is $4k.

Post # 10
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Good luck! Our budget was originally $20,000 for something in NYC (we’re Queens based) eventually changed our mind and decided on Upstate NY, still costing about $30,000 for 150. 🙁

Post # 11
1156 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

View original reply
nycbride112017 :  oops I misread. Try looking into the Brooklyn Society of ethical culture. It’s a beautiful small mansion. ($800 per hour)

i can pm you a venue chart I made on Evernote when I was researching venues. In NYC and surrounding areas

The topic ‘Help! Looking for NYC venue under $5000’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors