(Closed) Help me choose between Maggie Sottero Divina and Mori Lee 5101 ombre!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Divina or Mori Lee 5101???
    Mori Lee Ombre : (41 votes)
    34 %
    Divina : (79 votes)
    66 %
  • Post # 3
    Hostess
    11693 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2014

honestly, to me, at least in pictures, the Ombre just looks like the bottom got dirty.  They’re both gorgeous on you, I’d just be worried that the ombre will look like dirt in your pictures…not the look you’re going for.

Post # 4
    4932 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I like the fabric on the divina better.. but I don’t think you can go wrong really! They’re both great. 

Post # 5
    Hostess
    3368 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

They both look incredible, and I know people have negative things to say about the ombre effect on the Mori, but it’s just so unique and stunning! There is something that I absolutely love it about it! 

Post # 6
    11271 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

the ombre looks a bit dirty at the bottom.  it’s a nice dress but i don’t think that you will be happy with the photos in years to come.

the divina is stunning on you.

Post # 7
    11419 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2009

The Divina is one of the most beautiful dresses in that price range that I have ever seen. You look amazing in it! I do not care for the diagonal line of the skirt on the Mori Lee. I think it creates an unattractive line between the top of the skirt and the horizontal line of any belt or sash worn with it. In addition, I agree with prior posters that the ombre effect is a bit lost in translation on this dress, and the result looks uneven and dirty.

Post # 8
    8422 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

Divina!! Love that dress!!

Post # 9
    262 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I always think it is harder when both dresses look similiar.  They are both beautiful and they have pretty subtle differences in my opinion.  Both would look great in your venue, you can’t go wrong. 

Post # 10
    1841 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I like the Mori Lee, but don’t really care for the ombre, but I’m not very fashion forward, either!

Post # 11
    4436 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Both look great on you, but I like the Ombre better. I don’t think it would look dirty in pics, but I haven’t seen any actual wedding pics of it so can’t say for sure. 

Post # 12
    3371 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

Definitely the Divina. Ombre colour aside, the diagonal line of the Mori Lee cuts you off and makes you look shorter. The Divina is gorgeous on you!

Post # 13
    2055 posts
    Buzzing bee

I have a dilemma:

• the Divina’s ruffles are so lovely BUT the bodice isn’t as flattering on you and the straight skirt seam makes you look shorter (since horizontal lines draw the eyes to the side instead up).  
    • the ML’s bodice/diagonal skirt seam is far more flattering on your figure since it doesn’t chop up your figure and makes you look longer/leaner BUT the flat ruffles aren’t as pretty as Divina’s highly textured, fluffed ones

I wish you could combine the dresses! But…I vote for Divina since the ruffled skirt is the first thing you notice about these dresses, and the Divina’s bodice will look much better once altered to fit you.

Post # 14
    2055 posts
    Buzzing bee

@peonyinparis:  Hahaha, I like that we have completely opposite rationales but still manage to select the same dress. 😛

Post # 15
    14 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I love the Mori Lee, I actually bought this dress for my wedding! Does the bottom look pink at all? I havent actually seen the dress in real life!

The topic ‘Help me choose between Maggie Sottero Divina and Mori Lee 5101 ombre!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors