- 7 years ago
- Wedding: June 2015
I went shopping with one of my BMs today to look for some dresses. She was a TOTAL trooper. The poor girl must have tried on over 50 dresses and didn’t bat an eye. We narrowed it down to a few dresses that we thought would be the most flattering on everyone.
– I have 6 BMs and they have different hights/shapes/bust sizes/etc.
– Our wedding is INCREDIBLY formal. We are hosting it like a black tie event, though we are not specifying a dress code. The Wedding Party and our families will be in black tie attire, though.
– Cost isn’t a factor. With discounts, they’re within about $10.00 of each other.
We have narrowed it down to the following options. The first option is Noir by Lazaro:
(We would shorten the train!!) I don’t think this picture does the dress any justice! It’s so flowy and gorgeous IRL.
– It looked totally gorgeous, even on my most busty bridesmaid
– The color was really what I wanted
– The fabric was lovely and flowy and with an updo and some drop earrings, I really think it would be a stunner
– The girls would all have to wear the same dress because there are no other options as far as necklines go
– The back is lower than bras, and I’m concerned that my friend with the bigger bust line would have a hard time finding a bra that would be both supportive and low enough to conceal
The next two dresses are by Jenny Yoo. They are both the same length, fabric, and color, so the girls could pick either dress and I think it would still look coheasive. The first, the Aidan, is a convertable dress so I attached extra images so you can see that you can style the straps in different ways, or the dress can just be strapless.
The dress that could be paired with the Aidan is the Vivienne, also in charcoal. My busty Bridesmaid or Best Man liked this one because it covered her chest and her tattoos!
– the girls could mix and match the dresses based on what they like
– my bridesmaid who came with me today was obsessed with the vivienne (lol)
– they can provide coverage if needed and have a higher back
– I thought they were less elegant than the Lazaro
– I didn’t love Jenny Yoo’s charcoal as much
– Some of the strap options look a little weird and might cheapen the look of the dress
I think we have some really great choices, but I was hoping to get some advice from other brides! What are your thoughts?