Help me decide between two diamonds!!

posted 2 weeks ago in Rings
  • poll: Which lab diamond would you choose?

    1.2 ct G color

    2.0 ct L color

  • Post # 16
    595 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2016

    Personally, from limited pictures only, I would choose the G in color – the cut on that L looks wonky to me.  Additionally, I would also go with the upgrade option because it comes in handy should you change your mind again.  I would be curious if these are your only two options?  I think you could still size up a bit and go with an I or J and get the lovely warmth you’re looking for in a yellow gold setting.  If you’re concerned with getting a larger look then maybe consider a lab grown diamond that will take your budget further.  Lastly, the HCA is just one tool you can use for your diamond search but it’s not meant to be the deciding factor.  I would head over to PriceScope and ask for opinions over there :). Good luck in your search!

    Post # 17
    384 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2022

    View original reply
    @modernjamie:  neither. i would go 1.6-1.7 H/I

    Post # 18
    4329 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 2019 - Canada

    I think the L would be very warm. I have a .90 ct J solitaire engagement ring and had a hard time finding a diamond band that didnt make the J look very yellow in comparison. It would probably depend what you were wanting to wear with it, but definitely take your band choice into consideration. 

    both stones are relatively big for around here so the 1.2 would be the easy choice for me for both size and color 

    Post # 19
    4318 posts
    Honey bee

    View original reply
    @megs229:  i agree.

    I would definitely look for another stone that’s inbetween those. 1.2-2ct is a HUGE size difference and I think you could find something inbetween that would make you happy.


    Post # 20
    377 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2020

    I have an “L” color but it’s an old cut which hides the color more. My “L” looks super ‘white’ for an L and i am not color sensitive… that said, it could sometimes look…. i dont know…. dirty for lack of a better word. I ADORE my L, however, i am looking to upgrade to a better color because, why not. LOL. So for ME the upgrade buyback policy would be the deciding factor… I would still choose an L but only if i could return it because it wont bother you right away, you will be IN LOVE for about a year or two, but eventually you may want to change, so i would see if you can get something with the return policy  

    Post # 21
    47 posts
    • Wedding: September 2015

    I’m not a fan of warm stones so I’d take the 1.2 personally plus you have more flexibility when it comes to upgrading later. Best of luck Bee! 

    Post # 22
    309 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2002

    I would go with the L 2 carat for sure. I had an L color diamond and it was triple excellent and in most lighting it looked white. Personally I don’t mind a bit of warmth in my diamond and that diamond looks beautiful and is a great size. You will get more bang for your buck. I looked at your pics again and the G color diamond looks cloudy, I don’t recommend it.

    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by lyn47.
    Post # 23
    14015 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

    With the color and light performance difference, and the fact you are open to upgrading in the future, the G would be my easy choice. Or something in between in size in an I or J. 

    Leave a comment

    Find Amazing Vendors