- 5 years ago
- Wedding: October 2014
Okay, I can’t decide between these two venues, I love them both, for differant reasons.
The first one is The Lighthouse Lodge bed & breakfast!
– it’s gorgeous, and on a lake!
– ceremony & reception in the same area
– 7 sleeping quarters for our family & friends
– the hosts are great!
– they provide all tables & chairs
– we have to take the lodge for 2 nights, and rent every room, most of which will be empty the first night.
– limited space : there is 1,000 square feet deck for the reception, which is but isnt alot of room.
– they offer horribly overpriced options for food, and I don’t think they allow you to cater your own [it is my belief that this is where they make the majority of their money].
– it’s in a strange location, easy for us to get to, but difficult for guests flying in. Our guests will have to get on a 4 hour flight, then a 2 hour train ride, and that still puts them 1 hour driving distance from this place!
Total cost for venue is $2200, with catering being another $4000.
My next option is having the ceremony in a park, and the reception in a pavillion/barn.
Here is the reception area :
And the ceremony area : [we would have to put up tents for rain]
– they allow us to do our own catering & alcohol
– PLENTY of space, over 5,000 square feet
– offers a kitchen and refrigeraters that we can use free of charge!
– The price is amazing! $350 for 9:30 am to midnight. I can also get it the day before for setup for only $75 starting at 4 pm.
– They provide tables & chairs.
– Alot of decorating protential.
– Not as pretty as the lodge.
– It’s a little farther away than the lodge [1 hour 45 minute drive].
– Closest train station for OOTers is about 15 minutes away [although that’s not too far away].
– No heat [however we have no problem buying heaters].
– Ceremony & reception wouldn’t be in the same area [8 miles apart].
– Closest hotels are anywhere from 6 miles to 13 minutes away.
– I’m somewhat unfamiliar with the area [Been there but not often].
– Some of the decorations I have already bought will be useless [such as the aisle runner].
Total cost for both of these venues are $500 [$350+150] + another $1000 for Olive Garden catering.