- 3 years ago
- Wedding: August 2012
My second anniversary is on Monday, and I feel soo behind. I’m finally getting around to making DH’s gift. Last year we decided to make gifts for eachother out of paper. We had just bought a house at the time, and didn’t want to send a lot on gifts for eachother. For the time being we are continuing with this idea. Year 2 is cotton, so I am making him a cotton gift. I am planning on making a cyanotype print for him tomorrow. (example shown below).
I’m being my super indecisive self, and I can’t decide what to print. Help me! Here are my ideas:
1. My original idea would be to make a print from one of his favorite animes. Here is one of the potential images I would use (not too wedding-y, but I know he would like it):
2. He is also into The Sandman (a graphic novel). I could find a print I like and do the same with that print. Here is an example of one I would use:
3. I could make a print of one of the photos I took on our honeymoon trip.
4. I could do a print of one of our wedding pictures along with the words to our wedding song. I might add some old keys to bring the two prints together.
5. I could make a print of one of our wedding pictures with one of the quotes we picked for our readings (from sandman). Again, i might add some keys to bring the two prints together.
Last year I quilled (paper twirling) him a clock. He took it to work, so I kind of expect him to do the same this year. So do I make it more about him (1 or 2), or us (3,4, or 5)? I feel like I could be more artistic with one of the last two ideas, but I’m not sure if he would appreciate them as much as if I just used one of the images in options 1 or 2.