(Closed) help me find some nice rings for under (or around) $1,000

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 5
3082 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I see you’re from Long Island. You can try and look at Good Old Gold in Massapequa. They sell estate jewelry there and you can get some really good deals on rings. 

Post # 7
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I don’t know if you are still looking to go the diamond route or are looking for moissy/asha/white sapphire/etc.  But Overstock has diamond e-rings for under $1000. Here’s a few that seemed to fit the feel of the ring you posted.

14k White Gold 1/2 ct TDW Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring (H-I, VS1-VS2)
http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/14k-White-Gold-1-2-ct-TDW-Diamond-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring-H-I-VS1-VS2/6549345/product.html

Miadora 14k White Gold 1ct TDW Diamond Ring (J-K), I2-I3)
http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Miadora-14k-White-Gold-1ct-TDW-Diamond-Ring-J-K-I2-I3/5625079/product.html

Miadora 14k White Gold 1/2ct TDW Diamond Engagement Ring (H-I, I2-I3)

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Miadora-14k-White-Gold-1-2ct-TDW-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-H-I-I2-I3/4819992/product.html

Post # 8
585 posts
Busy bee
Post # 10
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

If you do not mind, check out some pawn shops. My SO and I went there and they had a huge selection of rings for under $1000 and they were beautiful! For me, it doesn’t matter that it was someone else’s ring…I heard that many of them are not from broken relationships and are actually upgrades!! Some people can’t get past a “used” ring, and that’s ok if you are like that too. But it is a suggestion!

I know how you guys feel with the money thing and affording a ring. It’s so annoying when all you really want to do is get married! 

Also check out overstock.com!

Post # 11
2968 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

i second overstock.

also check out ice.com. that’s where i first saw my rings- they were about $600(?) for the set. unfortunately, they didn’t have my size so we had to have my rings custom made thru samuel’s jewelers. buying online can be iffy, but it’s worth looking. just do your homework before making any purchases.

have you tried going to stores and haggling with the salespeople? that’s not something i would do unless you’re both ready/willing to make a purchase, but if you go in there and tell them what you want and what you can afford, they may be able to work with you. just don’t back down when they try to pressure you into going for something bigger, better, pricier, etc….

my husband and i had good cop/bad cop thing going when we went ring shopping. i was the bad cop- and i had no problem saying no to anything too expensive. the original price they gave us was $5,000. after making (many) adjustments to the rings to bring the price down and giving us discount after discount, we ended up getting my set for around $2600, and they threw in my husband’s wedding ring for free.

Post # 12
3420 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I swear by Angara.com. The best in quality and price. Are you set on a white stone? They specialize in gemstones engagement jewery but have a very nice diamond selection. 

when I say I swear by these people, I mean: THEY ARE THE BEST!!

Post # 13
1716 posts
Bumble bee

Helzburgs has a whole white sapphire collection! My promise ring was from there and it was only $140.

That one is mine, but they do have some emerald cuts =)

Post # 15
3248 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@stargazer102706:  Look around a bunch on Etsy! Lots of lovely options– moissanite, small diamonds, white sapphire, colored gems. . . you name it, it’s on there (though the jewelry on Etsy does tend to be more on the non-traditional side, which I like, but you may not).

Also, Moissaniteco.com has lots of beautiful rings for around or under $1000, mostly relatively small and simple ones like the one in your picture. But I don’t know if you are willing to go for moissanite or not.

Post # 16
3969 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I would get an emerald cut solitaire from blue nile! The setting is a couple hundred, and you could get a beautiful half carat for around $1000! 

ETA: This is what I found: 

Good-cut, H-color, VS2-clarity, Emerald Cut, 0.50-carat Diamond. Stock #: LD02835819$654

Classic Four Prong Engagement Ring in 14k White GoldClassic Four Prong Engagement Ring in 14k White Gold. Stock #: 19788$190

SUBTOTAL: $844

Or even!

Emerald Cut, 0.50-carat Diamond
Very Good-cut, F-color, SI2-clarity, Emerald Cut, 0.50-carat Diamond. Stock #: LD02835825
$583

Classic Four Prong Engagement Ring in 14k White Gold
Classic Four Prong Engagement Ring in 14k White Gold. Stock #: 19788
$190

SUBTOTAL: $773

And if “bigger is better”…

Good-cut, J-color, VS2-clarity, Emerald Cut, 0.58-carat Diamond. Stock #: LD02724443

$835

Classic Four Prong Engagement Ring in 14k White Gold

Classic Four Prong Engagement Ring in 14k White Gold. Stock #: 19788

$190

SUBTOTAL: $1,025

I hope this helps!

The topic ‘help me find some nice rings for under (or around) $1,000’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors