Post # 1
Okay, I have this dress in my head. But I can’t find it anywhere! I’ve found a couple things that are close, but nothing that is exactly right. I’m thinking about having one made, but I’d like to see if any awesome Bees have seen something like this:
1. Preferably thin straps with a v-neck, but any kind of straps or short sleeves would be great.
2. Made of floaty chiffon or other gauzy, draping fabric (NOT taffeta or satin/silk.)
3. Sheath style or slim a-line.
4. Low/open back.
5. “Textured” bodice – beading, embroidery, applique, etc. Possibly lace but I’m not a huge fan.
6. Bonus if the dress comes in a cream/champagne/light gray/light peach/other pale neutral instead of just plain white but this is definitely negotiable.
7. Also bonus if the dress has no train – I want it just skimming the floor all the way around. But of course I could always chop it off.
Can anyone find a dress like this? I’ll post my closest matches if my description is confusing ….
Post # 3
And always keep in mind that you can add sleeves to a lot of different dresses. If you use the leavings from the hemming it’ll only cost you like $40. So don’t block out all sleeveless dresses.
I’m adding cap sleeves to mine:
Post # 4
Hmm .. thanks so much for trying, but none of those are quite it. The first two are too simple, and the second two have too much lace. : ) Your dress is super cute! I bet the cap sleeves will look awesome.
Post # 5
Here are two from Davids Bridal that seem like they might fit.
Post # 6
you may have a problem trying to find a dress with somuch detail on the bodice, with chiffon or flowy material.
Have you tried consulting a dressmaker? Having a custom dress can assure that you get exactly what your heart desires.
Post # 7
@lwilliams107:Yes, I’m definitely considering having one made.
If it helps, here are some dresses that are close:
[attachment=1632953,202850] [attachment=1632953,202851] [attachment=1632953,202852] [attachment=1632953,202853]
Post # 8
Something like this? Website I found it at:
Post # 9
These are a little different than what you said…but maybe an idea!
Post # 10
Or, something like this with some sort of sleeves attached. Not the best picture…but it gives you an idea. This is a headless version of me trying on the strapless dress, with the salesgirl showing me what it would look like with cap sleeves. Its lace, but not overly lacy.
Post # 11
this is from etsy seller tingbridal… im sure she could change it up and custom make the sleeves to whatever you want 🙂
Post # 12
Post # 13
@YSQueen: Those last two are pretty close, and very pretty! Thanks!
Post # 14
These are from Alice Padrul: