Post # 1
I’ll be making my own cupcakes for our small wedding and am stuck on what the fourth flavor should be. I bake regularly and sometimes get extremely experimental with my flavors, but want to keep things simple enough for the wedding both for my sake and so the guests enjoy what’s on offer. Plus I’m limited since I don’t want to make anything that could go bad sitting out, so no cream cheese or ganache.
I’ve already decided on two dozen of each of the following:
- Cookies & Cream: Vanilla cake with crushed Oreos baked in (Shh! These will probably actually be storebrand Oreos!) and Faux-reo cookie buttercream. This is my go-to flavor whenever I’m bringing cupcakes to an event since everyone raves about them. Simple but delicious.
- Reese’s: Chocolate cake with a mini-Reese’s cup baked in the middle, topped with peanut butter buttercream
- Lemon blueberry: Lightly-flavored lemon cake with fresh blueberries baked in, topped with lemon zest buttercream
I’m torn on what to choose as the fourth flavor. These are all cupcakes I’ve made before so I know it’s do-able and they’re tasty:
- Pumpkin Dulce de Leche: Pumpkin cake filled with dulce de leche topped with dulce de leche buttercream. Probably the most delicious cupcakes I’ve ever made. Only trouble is our wedding’s in May and I know pumpkin-palooza is always in the fall.
- Nutella Toffee: Chocolate or vanilla cake (not sure which) with toffee chips baked in, topped with Nutella buttercream and a sprinkle of toffee chips
- Baileys Brownie: Vanilla cake with a brownie blob baked in the center, topped with Baileys buttercream
- Salted Caramel Mocha: Chocolate cake with a hint of coffee and mocha chips baked in, topped with salted caramel buttercream
- Coffee Almond: Almond cake brushed with coffee syrup, topped with coffee buttercream
Since you lovely Bees seem to be knowledgeable cupcake enthusiasts, tell me what you think!
This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by CakeSniffer.
Post # 2
Coffee Almond! They all sound delicious but that one would be my top choice. My second choice would be Baileys Brownie!
Post # 3
Ok, I read your other thread about worrying people will think your cupcakes are “obviously homemade” and be disappointed and girl, I don’t think you give yourself enough credit with these awesome sounding flavours!!! It was hard to choose but I went with the Bailey’s Brownie. Second choice would have been vanilla cake with nutella buttercream. I would have picked pumpkin but since your wedding is in Spring, not Fall, it might be a bit odd.
Post # 4
- Wedding: October 2019 - City, State
CakeSniffer: omg can you send me some of the bailey’s one?! good lord…. now I want cupcakes!
Post # 5
stephanield: Yeah, that was my concern too about the pumpkin ones. I wondered if people wouldn’t be into eating pumpkin outside of the fall season.
stardustintheeyes: My Baileys frosting is soooo good. I might eat spoonfuls of it when I have some leftover in the fridge. Maybe. Perhaps. I’ll admit to nothing!
Post # 6
Seems like too much chocolate and/or “heavy” try pe stuff where not everyone likes that kind of thing. All the flavors sound great including what you have already selected however I would do something a little simpler for the final option.
Post # 7
CakeSniffer: I honestly can’t choose! They all sound sooo good! Salted caramel mocha sounds divine though.
What about a pistachio? 🙂
Post # 8
CakeSniffer: Fiance is of the opinion that “pumpkin spice things” should not happen before October. We are getting married October 1st and one of our cake flavours is pumpkin spice with cinnamon buttercream haha! He couldn’t argue – it’ll be October! 😛 He picked chocolate cake with nutella buttercream for “his” tier.
Post # 10
Nutella toffee with vanilla cake! However, I would be overly happy with any of these options 🙂
Post # 10
stephanield: Haha! Glad your wedding date snuck in at the very beginning of appropriate pumpkin season. That sounds delicious! As does his chocolate and Nutella combo.
leekissesme: That concern had occurred to me, but I just can’t think of anything fun that isn’t on the “heavy” side. Any suggestions?
Post # 11
I voted coffee almond because you already have some chocolate in there with the cookies and cream and the Reese’s, and I don’t think pumpkin is right for a spring menu.
Post # 12
CakeSniffer: I know this wasn’t directed at me, and perhaps my idea of “light” isn’t actually “light” lol but maybe another fruity flavour? Like white chocolate raspberry, raspberry-lime, key lime, strawberry-lemonade or strawberries and cream?
Post # 13
CakeSniffer: how about something like a vanilla cheesecake cupcake with strawberry topping or something like that? Or honestly even a white/vanilla cupcake with a simple topping can still be a hit 🙂
Post # 14
- Wedding: June 2016 - Linden Hall
I’m absolutely dying for all of these now. Thanks. 😛 I adore almond anything, so that would be my choice! 🙂