Post # 1
Like most people on here, I love love love shoes. I’ve always allowed myself a little leeway with buying shoes, but I’ve decided to really splurge for the big day (because when else will I have an excuse to do this?!) sooooo please help me pick my shoes! I fell in love with two pairs while shopping today with my brother. They are totally different but both awesome. I’ve posted a pic of my dress, a pic of each shoe on me, a stock pic of each, and the pros/cons of each. Thanks for your advice, everyone!!
My dress is Pronovias Pinal:
And here are the shoes!
First is Christian Louboutin Sobek:
- Rose gold/blush patent platform peep toes.
- So cute and definitely can be worn again with jeans or to work with nice pants or a dress
- This is the second time I’ve tried these on, and I’ve drooled over them both times.
- More in line with the initial vision I had for my feet
- Not as comfy as the second pair.
- Also, $500 bucks more expensive.
Second are the Manolo Blahnik shoes seen below:
- Cobalt satin with brooches on the toe
- Lower heel – definitely more comfy to wear over a full day
- Can be my something blue
- Not initially the style shoe I wanted – I wanted a platform peep toe and tried these on a whim. still not thrilled about closed toe.
- Carrie Bradshaw’s wedding shoes
- match the fabric of my dress (satin) and the brooches match the detailing on my dress
- not as rewearable – can wear to work but not with jeans
- $500 bucks cheaper than the Louboutins
- my brother likes these better and says they are a “wow shoe” haha
Post # 3
I’m a sucker for blue wedding shoes!
Post # 4
I am a sucker for blue wedding shoes too! I haven’t bought mine yet, but I really want blue shoes. I think maybe I’m weird because I would wear them with jeans and maybe a nice black top or something for a night out. But you said you could wear the other shoes more. I think that either way you can’t go wrong. It’s just which pair you can “justify” buying more 😉
Post # 5
If the blues were peep toes, I’d definitely say go for it. As they are, though, with the slightly pointed toe and the brooch making them look bulky despite being a sleek shoe, I definitely say go with the first. I LOVE the color of the blue shoes and I think they’d be incredible with the dress, but I don’t think the style of the shoe works with it.
Post # 6
I love shoes!!!! And both are gorgeous! But the Louboutins look too casual for your dress. The Manolo Blahniks IDK something about them just don’t go with the style of your dress. You should keep looking 🙂 And I totally know what you mean about splurging on the shoes for your big day lol I’m going to do the same 😀 Oh but if you are splurging maybe you SHOULD go for something you can re-ware
Post # 8
Thanks for your responses, everyone! The more I think about it, and the more I read your comments, the more I want to keep looking. I do love both pairs, but I don’t think either pair is the perfect shoe for my dress and for the big day…and if I’m going to be splurging, I want to have something perfect and re-wearable!!
I really like those all, especially the blush glitter peeptoes. Thank you!!! I’m going to have to do some shoe hunting