(Closed) HELP! Morilee 1862

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1425 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rosehill Community Center

I’m so sorry I can’t help, but I just went through this (with a different designer)!  Do any of the shops do a borrowing program?  

I wanted to try on one dress specifically but no WA or OR shops seemed to have it, and it was soooo frustrating!  I finally found a shop that was willing to get the dress into their shop as a sample (she just placed an order for samples, and swapped out one of her choices for the dress I wanted), and just charged me the borrowing price, which was then applied to the total cost when I ordered it.  

Good luck, and keep looking, you will find it out there somewhere!  It’s so annoying that you can’t really contact the designers to find out where certain dresses can be found (I tried that too, but no luck)…

Post # 4
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I tried on Mori Lee 1862 recently and loved it.  I actually put down a deposit but then found a dress that fits my style and personality better.  It was a really hard decision because both dresses are lovely.  The Mori Lee’s lace is exquisite and the shape hugs in all the right places.  It also looks way better in real life than on the catalog photo!

Since I purchased the other dress, I’m actually looking to sell the Mori Lee.  It’s brand new, unworn, no alterations, in fact I just got a phone call yesterday that it is available for pick up!

I just wanted to throw that out there in case you are interested!  Please PM me if so!  It would help me out immensely and it would be really awesome to give someone else their dream dress!

Post # 5
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I went through the SAME thing with this dress (morilee 1862). I had to try it on and called everywhere!! I finally found it in Dedham, MA and drove from Vermont to try it on. I loved it before I even had it zipped up and bought it on the spot!! I can’t wait for it to come in a few months! Let me know if you’re still looking for it, happy to help!

Post # 6
3968 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@hcostell:  What shop did you find it in in Vemont?? That would help me so much, thank you!

Post # 7
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Kristimarie87:  Hi— Arlene’s Bridal in Bloomfield, NJ has it. I just bought it yesterday

Post # 8
7 posts
Newbee

It actually wasn’t in Vermont. I looked everywhere, and finally found it at Manhattan Bridal in Dedham, MA. They were great there, and I ended up buying it, and they’re going to shit it to me for free to have alterations done closer to home. It won’t come in until June and I can’t wait!

Post # 9
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@hcostell:  your type-o… ha ha 

Post # 10
7 posts
Newbee

haha oops

Post # 11
3968 posts
Honey bee

@hcostell:  Thank you so much!! Cross your fingers it’s still available in the fall!

Post # 12
3968 posts
Honey bee

Do you mind sharing roughly how much it cost there in MA? You can PM me if you’d prefer 🙂 

@hcostell:

Post # 13
7 posts
Newbee

That’s fine, I don’t remember exactly what we paid, but I’m pretty sure it was somewhere between 1100 and 1200 plus tax. She ended up giving us 15 percent off on top of that because we bought it right there and didn’t want to drive back, and she’s shipping it to us for free. I worked with Patti (the owener) and she was so great! It was kind a little hole in the wall place on a main road that I didn’t expect much of, but I had to try on that dress! It ended up being a great experience though. Now I just need to find someone for alterations in Vermont. Let me know if I can help with anything else!

The topic ‘HELP! Morilee 1862’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors