Post # 1
I got engaged in the beginning of March. we are planning a September wedding (I know, not much planning time). Everything started out so perfectly. We have the photographer, minister, ceremony site, cake, and rentals all reserved. The reception venue that I want was right across the street from our ceremony venue (perfect, I thought).
Now the reception venue was really good about answering questions and getting back to me quickly, at first. They have eveyrthing we need and I am currently waiting on pictures (I live 5 hours away and can’t get there personally), menus, and rental pricing. The last real email they sent me was 3/16 telling me I should recieve that in the next couple of days.
I’ve emailed once a week, and called Friday, where they asked me for basically all the info again. They assured me they would send something soon. Is it too soon to contact them again?
I had to contact my other vendors and let them know that I am waiting on the reception site before I can finalize their contracts. I am just worried, if I need to find another site I am running out of time to do so. The town we’re having the wedding is a tiny GA coastal town with only 2 other venue options.
Am I being annoying? Or would it be reasonable for me to contact them today? :/
Post # 3
I personally would contact them every single day until I got what I needed. You need to get that finalized before moving forward with anything else. You have less and less time each day you wait to hear back. Maybe if you called them everyday they will get the hint to get the ball rolling.
Post # 4
I would personally reconsider and choose another venue. But I’m vindictive and not very patient.
Post # 5
I would call them and let them know that you need answers so that you can finalize your other contracts.
Post # 6
@LuckyJuls: I have emailed a bunch of other places, unfortunateluy the town is tiny. I’m waiting on info on one, and the other is a maybe, but it’s a little pricey and 20 minutes away from the ceremony. I am terribly impatient too, so this has been driving me insane.
@amanda923: I am trying to reserve myself to only emailing so much. But it’s been almost 3 weeks, the clock is seriously ticking for me.
That’s it, I’m calling today again, I just wanted to get some confirmation that I am not being an crazed bridezilla. Thank you.
Post # 7
I agree with others, I’d call them and say something polite but to the point like, “I’d really like finalize our booking with you as other vendors need specifics from me. If you’re unable to provide a written contract within 48 hours, I’m going to unfortunately need to find another venue. Thank you for your help, I look forward to hearing from you.”
Because truly, it sounds like you need a WRITTEN contract with all the specifics you mentioned above.
Post # 8
Ugh that stinks! I hope you get a response from them today. Until you hear from the other venues I would just keep calling and bugging them every day. I wouldn’t even bother with the emails anymore. Those can get skimmed over too easily.
Post # 9
Agreed, don’t bother with the emails. CALL until they give you an answer, and stress to them that they are pushing back all of your plans to finalize everything else. Set a deadline and tell them you need everything by x date, otherwise you will continue your search, be firm but not mean.
Post # 10
Called them twice today, left one message, no response. Called again, they asked me questions about size and everything again. I was promised they would get me the info by tomorrow morning. I’m not holding my breath. There is a sort of near by golfcourse with a pretty clubhouse I might be able to afford, going to talk to Fiance about it tonght to have a solid plan b to move forward with.
Post # 12
Enid call until you get something!