Post # 1
I need HELP. I just got engaged to my BF of 10 years and we really want to wed in 2013. I am not picky about dates/cities/ect… I just want the right place for the right price and I can make everything else happen.
My first choices were the Loch Lyme Lodge in Lyme New Husband or Camp Wing in Duxbury, MA but both are fully booked for 2013
1. New England-ish rustic – summer camp, cabins, barn, orchard, farm, all are good.
2. Place where guests can stay either on site or extremely close by. Ideally I want to rent the whole place out for the weekend
3. Rustic/DIY – not luxury
4. Can bring in own food and booze (this is negotiable)
5. Anywhere in New England is fine.
6. Date is fully negotiable after June 2013-Dec 2013 anything is fine.
Post # 3
I’m having my wedding at Kimball Jenkins Estate in Concord, New Husband, my theme is rustic but I fully admit that you might not view the venue as rustic .
1) It’s an Estate that was an art school for a while, so small mansion, a carriage house, and the whole grounds are yours. The venue can comfortably seat about 88 in the carriage house but if you have a tent set up you can have up to 300. It’s $1800 for a full day and comes with a coordinator.
2) A hotel is just a few minutes up the road.
3) It’s an estate which sounds quite grand but…I kinda see it as a quirky little place that could match a rsutic theme reasoanbly well, especially since they have nice garden areas.
4) YES to both
6) We had no problems booking a Saturday here
BUT all this said…maybe you’d prefer a place that’s a camp site with cabins for everyone?
Post # 4
What a fantastic suggestion! I love the website. I am definitley going to take a look at this one. Thanks!!!
Post # 5
I was married at Alyson’s Orchard in Walpole New Husband. It was amazing!
1. New England-ish rustic – fits the bill!
2. Place where guests can stay either on site or extremely close by. Ideally I want to rent the whole place out for the weekend – they have a farmhouse and a lodge adjacent to the orchard. There is also an Inn right next door that features a converted farmhouse, cottages and rooms in the main Inn. Keene New Husband is 20 minutes away by car where there are chain hotels should you want.
3. Rustic/DIY – definitely not luxury – but can look/feel that way should you want it to.
4. Can bring in own food and booze (this is negotiable) – they do not allow this. You can choose from a bunch of authorized vendors that are allowed to work in their kitchens. So you can definitely find the right type of food and cost…Fran (the manager) gives you plenty to work with.
Some of my pictures:
Post # 6
girl your wedding looks gorgeous! Congrats. I love this space, just emailed. Where did you get that gorgeous dress?
Post # 7
I purchased the dress from L’Elite in Boston. 🙂 It’s a Pronovias!