- 4 years ago
- Wedding: September 2013
Bridesmaid here, on the bachelorette planning committee. I’d say that planning trips is in my wheelhouse, but in a group of 5 other bridesmaids, I have known the bride for the least amount of time and don’t know the other BMs at all. The bride is concerned for her BMs’ budgets (who are from all different parts of the country), and won’t give me a straight answer on what she wants. She has dropped a few hints – she likes spas, relaxing, not being terribly drunk, and that the east coast may be the most convenient part of the country to have the trip. Unfortunately for me, that only narrows the choices down by so much.
A few of the other BMs have expressed their desire to stay out of the bachelorette-planning team, and I haven’t heard any ideas from the others. I figure I’m as good a person as any to plan, but am struggling to find a great fit. I’d love to hear your ideas!
– Bachelorette weekend in June
– Wedding at high-end resort in North Carolina (Bride’s home state)
– Bride currently lives in NYC
Bachelorette weekend wish-list:
– No heavy drinking or late-night partying
– Available spa, if not at the hotel itself, somewhere nearby
– Doesn’t like sporty activities, like hiking, biking, etc.
– Nearby vineyards would be great, the bride loves wine tasting!
– Decent eateries/shops
– Things to do that will keep us busy if we get antsy
– The more luxurious the better, although making it budge-friendly for all takes a higher priority