- 8 years ago
- Wedding: June 2012
New weddingbee friends… hoping you can help.
My fiance and I are newly engaged and beginning the daunting search for a place to get married. We’re not neccessarily tied to any particular timing but are thinking spring 2012 at this point. Our biggest challenge/concern is finding the right place that feels right. We’ve seen many friends, peers and coworkers get married over the last few years and feel strongly we want something different. We’d like to stay away from traditional catering halls and the more “wedding factory” type places but we’re lost for ideas on where to begin looking. We also love the idea of a semi “destination” — someplace away where we can have all friends and family stay for a weekend but nothing exotic or too far.
Does anyone have any ideas on non-astronomically priced places to look that hit these marks:
– Non-catering hall
– Unique setting / views (outdoors, barn, waterview, etc.)
– Potential onsite or nearby accomodations with a destination type feel — place guests would like to go, enjoy nearby things to do
– Budget $150 – $175 per head
– Appx 125 – 145 guests
Places we have added to a list to check out but not yet seen:
– Sagamore (although im told this is out of our pricerange and could be extremely costly for guests — someplace like this would be desirable)
– Pridwin on Shelter Island
– Oceansedge resort in Cape Cod
– Places in Stowe, VT
– Long island Vineyars
– Renting a house in the east end of LI and throwing the event there (although i have no idea where to begin this search)
Thank you in advance for all of your ideas! I’m completely lost and clearly not cut out for this!