Help! Need inexpensive wedding venues in NJ LESS THAN $2000 75 ppl

posted 2 years ago in Reception
Post # 2
4839 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

nbarnett17 :  Not sure of the pricing but this place is pretty, in central NJ.

http://thecranburyinn.com/

Sayen Gardens is another lovely spot, but I don’t think the azaleas will be in bloom in early April.  The Grounds for Sculpture hosts weddings too.   There may be wineries, especially in the northern part of the state.   

Since your wedding is on a Friday you might be interested in Lambertville Inn  http://www.lambertvillestation.com/weddings#gref 

I think there are fireworks every Friday night along the river – not sure if they start in April though.

Post # 3
433 posts
Helper bee

nbarnett17 :  I think spending 2k-3k on venue is a big chunk of your budget if your total budget is 4k-5k. you will need to budget for food and drinks and other stuffs too – food can cost $100 + per person. Have you thought about  nice restaurants where you will not have to pay separate for venue or how about a backyard wedding. Just some ideas.

Post # 4
1413 posts
Bumble bee

I’m confused how you have a date, without a venue? 🤔

Weddings in Northern Jersey are gonna be $$$, plus you shouldn’t be spending 40%-60% of your budget on the venue alone- that’ll leave almost no $ for food, drinks, dress, photog, flowers etc. 

I second looking for a restaurant, maybe get a permit to do a small wedding in the park or at City Hall before going to the restaurant for the reception?

Post # 6
942 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

You can probably get away with a restaurant reception but a venue? Not so sure.. Have you considered a day time wedding that will save you a ton of money. 

Post # 7
2706 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - St Peter\'s Church, East Maitland, and Bella Vista, Newcastle

Do you mean $2000 including food and alcohol, or excluding?

Post # 8
1277 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I also second using a restaurant or something alternative. I’m in the cheapest part of NJ and wedding venues are pretty much all $100/head after taxes (includes food/drinks/cake).

Post # 9
494 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Anywhere in Warren County would be more affordable than anywhere else in NJ.

Look into Flynn’s in Phillipsburg, they include catering, tables, chairs, silverware in their price so that should help. I don’t know their exact prices but my friend was Maid/Matron of Honor for a wedding there and she said the bride had a low budget.

Also if you don’t mind crossing the border, PA is generally cheaper than NJ as far as vendors and venues go.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors