(Closed) Help – Need opinions on grey BM dresses & Tuxes

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: Do these greys go together?
    Yes, I wouldn't worry about it, it's better to have a contrast then be too matchy. : (31 votes)
    65 %
    No, they do not go very well together. : (17 votes)
    35 %
  • Post # 3
    46324 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I think it will look fine.

Why don’t you move the pics so the men’s suit is next to your Bridesmaid or Best Man dress, if only at home on your own computer. It will be easier to make an opinion that way.

Post # 6
    988 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

I think it will look fine because of the shoes and flowers you’ve chosen.

Post # 7
    2053 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Nice options! I placed the photos side by side on my computer and think either suit would look well beside your Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses. The dresses and suits are all in the same color family. It is just a matter of how dramatic or gentle of a statement you wish to make. If you want a softer look, go for the lighter suits; something with more pow, the darker. Consider your surroundings for the ceremony (garden or glammed up hotel or what have you), time of day, and perhaps that will help you decide. Congratulations!

Post # 8
    46324 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 1999

I think with the POW from your accessories and flowers, almost no one will be looking at the mens’ suits.

Post # 10
    2053 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Wonderful! What a dress! Then I’d recommend the darker suits for your groomsmen to give a nice contrast between the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and suits, not to mention how they’d all look beside you and your man. For example:

Notice the dark color of the suit the guy is wearing beside the bride… . Similar to your darker suit color above for the guys.

Now, notice the light grey color of the stairs in the second photo of the bride… similar color to your Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses.

How lucky is *that* to illustrate the point.

A dramatic look for the grandeur of the golf course, and night time jazzing it up in Vegas! What do you think?

Post # 11
    566 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

The darker suit works as a nice contrast since the color of the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses leans more towards a bluish grey.

Post # 14
    1537 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

I would definitely get a color swatch. I think that the lighter grey suit would look better than the darker one, but only if the hues are similar. I love your whole color scheme 🙂

The topic ‘Help – Need opinions on grey BM dresses & Tuxes’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors