(Closed) Help!! Need some advice tonight- my dr dropped the ball

posted 5 years ago in TTC
  • poll:
    Take the clomid tonight and hope for the best : (12 votes)
    41 %
    Call again tomorrow and find out results first : (17 votes)
    59 %
  • Post # 2
    37 posts

    I really don’t know which way to vote, but I wanted to chime in that I was in situation where I was away at the beginning of my cycle and I asked my dr if I could do 6-10 and she said no, 5 was the last day I could start, so we had to skip that cycle 🙁  I was really mad because it was only ONE day different…

    Of course every doctor may be different but I just wanted to warn you…

    Post # 3
    14987 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

    Wow, that’s pretty shitty of the doctor, almost enough to consider finding a new one, timing is everything with TTC, they should know that.  Is this an OB or RE? 

    In this case though, if you don’t want to sit another cycle out, I’d take the Clomid and check tomorrow on the results since you said you can typically feel a cyst.  If I remember correctly, I was told by my doc that one day of Clomid would not really have an effect yet so that could be more easily stopped if necessary.  Where as waiting a day would be too late to start it.

    Post # 5
    9027 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

    Kabatchy2be:  I don’t think you should be taking the advice of internet strangers when it comes to taking or not taking perscription medications. 

    Sounds like a really horrible situation to be in and I know you are frustrated but it is never wise to take unqualified internet information when it comes to medical advice. 

    Post # 6
    7310 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

    I would not take a medication without knowing, with certainty, that I was in the clear.

    Post # 7
    5221 posts
    Bee Keeper

    j_jaye:  This exactly.

    Kabatchy2be:  OP, I’m sorry you are in such a frustrating situation. I wouldn’t do anything without talking to your doctor. Also, your doctor may deserve a pass on not calling you back. If she is an OB, she may have had to deal with an emergency that took precendence over office stuff.

    Post # 9
    510 posts
    Busy bee

    I would never willingly take something that could cause me, and the possibility of me having children, harm. I know it’s tough, but in this situation I would just be patient. One month of waiting is better than permanent damage.

    ETA: I can’t believe how many Bees would take a medicine they’ve been specifically told not to take by a doctor, without being given the all clear….

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by  .
    Post # 10
    6700 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: February 1997

    Is your doctor or another doctor from the practice on call in a hospital tonight? I’d call the hospital they work with and find out because they may be able to get ahold of the dr. for you in order to advise you.

    Post # 13
    2363 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

    Kabatchy2be:  Whew!  Does that mean you’ll be able to start Clomid this cycle?

    Post # 15
    980 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

    If I were in your shoes, I would call to schedule an appointment with an RE now, as I’m sure their offices have long wait times. And your OB seems like she’s not the most responsive and doesn’t give the clearest answers when that is probably what you want now!

    The topic ‘Help!! Need some advice tonight- my dr dropped the ball’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors