- 4 years ago
- Wedding: March 2015
As some of you might know, I am getting JBS to make my dresses.
I am getting the Galia Lahav Isabella with modified back (no buttons and slightly changed shape, similar to the GL Amy). Here it is:
I am also getting a second dress but unlike most of you, it won’t be a reception dress, it’s just a “safety”dress, in case JBS can’t replicate the back panel (they are going to dye the fabric a skin colour but I won’t know until I try it on if it will look transparent or not). I figured I will sell the one I won’t wear.
So my problem now is that I have found 2 safety dresses that I am in love with but I can’t decide which one to pic 🙁
There’s parts of each dress that I love and parts that I am not sure about.
Here’s the Roberto Cavalli
What I love:
– The shape! It’s figure hugging and has some va-va-voom at the bottom without being overpowering (I don’t like it when dresses are too puffy, they don’t suit me)
– The material at the bottom, it’s different from the usual mermaid dresses
– It’s unique 🙂
What I’m not in love with:
– I would like my dress to have some sparkle with clear sequins and clear beads.. there’s no sparkle on this dress and i have no idea how they could add it
– I love lace as it looks really good on me. A plain material looks very plain.. I want a little more glamour (lace or sparkle or both!)
Also, I would have the back slightly altered to either a more dramatic V shape or to look like this J’Aton
The other dress I am totally loving is the new Inbal Dror
Things I love:
– Again, the shape. It’s so sexy!
– The lace. It’s so intricate that it surely can’t be plain 🙂
– The bum, it’s so flattering
Things I’m not madly in love with:
– I have very small breasts (almost invisible, lol!) so I’m scared that the shape of the cups might make things worse and I’m scared that getting them to remove the seams under the cups will change the look of the dress a little too much.
– I can’t decide if I love or not the corset style back… sometimes I love it, sometimes I’m unsure. I didn’t get to try the dress on so I have no idea how it would look in real life.
– As much as I love the train, it looks a little “heavy”. Maybe I should get the underlay shorter than the top part?
About me: I am 173cm tall (abt 5 ft 8 1/2), I’m quite skinny with broad shoulders. I have no boobs but I do have a litlte bit of booty (very small hips, but it stics out a little). My body shape is almost straight all the way down 🙁 No hourglass figure, but just a slight hint of curves that seem to pop out in wedding gowns that are uber fitted :)). I have an olive-ish kind of skin tone and blonde hair. For the wedding the plan is glamorous and a little vintage, colours will be red (BMs), blue (GM), white and gold. My hair will be in a 1940’s faux bob and I will be wearing red lippy. I will be wearing a veil, either chapel length with no beading or trimming, or fingertip length with lace trimming.
So now that you know more about me and the wedding, and that you’ve seen the dresses I love, what do you bees think I should do?