(Closed) Help! Need veil ideas for my allure 2850. :)

posted 5 years ago in Accessories
Post # 2
495 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Athol Hall, Mosman

View original reply
mongoljingoo999 :  Wow, that dress is stunning! I may be a bit biased but I’d go with the lace cathedral veil. I actually like the first cathedral that you posted. With a train like that, you wouldn’t want a waltz length because it can be a little distracting in the way that it would create an extra layer that I think would take away from the lines of that dress. That being said, a fingertip length veil probably wouldn’t be as distracting.

You know, I don’t think you could go wrong with ordering samples. I think I’d lean more towards the ivory rather than champagne. I could be wrong but a champagne coloured veil might overwhelm the lace appliques on the top layer and personally, I think the ivory would compliment the lace.

I bought an el cheapo veil from aliexpress which was okay for the job but I think you’d find better quality on etsy tbh. BlancaVeils (Etsy) and Occansey Designs (they have an etsy shop, too – just can’t remember the name) used to be pretty popular back when I was searching a yr ago. There’s a few more out there but I can’t think of them right now.

I wore a sparkly (not quite blingy) ballgown so my personal style was fairly different to yours but here is my cathedral drop veil:

I loved the way it kinda melted into my dress. It also has a beaded edge but since this dress was beaded all over, you won’t be able to see it until you get to the close up pics, lol.

The topic ‘Help! Need veil ideas for my allure 2850. :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors