Post # 1
i’ve been talking to fi about possible moving our wedding, but we can’t seem to make sense of what is best for us. please note some pro’s and con’s my contridict each other some are mine some are fi
if we keep the date we have chosen:
- we love the idea of a Christmas wedding
- the Venue looks gorgeous in winter.
- i’ve done a lot of planning towards this date (nothing purchased tho)
- we get married sooner 🙂
- we love the snow (if it does)
- the time is booked off work.
- we get a full day marriage
- the venue is already decorated for Christmas (fi)
- The wedding needs to begin early to catch the little bit of sunlight at this time of year for things like photos
- we need to feed the guests twice (due to early start)
- my guest list needs to be reduced (financial reasons)
- its going to be cold for the guests
- i need to provide shrugs/cloaks – extra spending here
- the venue is already decorated for christmas(me)
- we get a later wedding, therefore saving money, not having two meals
- extra time to save for extra little luxuries
- hopefully the weather, but it is england lol
- no extra purchases like shrugs
- no need to provide a drinks package for sit down meal
- get to have a less informal day bbq
- it’s away from christmas and will be mose affordable for all involved
- the savings will allow for a little honeymoon (thinking ireland)
- longer to wait
- my fi has to stay on nights longer to gather extra income to pay for the wedding
- new theme and decor
- fi is upset by the idea of it all changing again 🙁
fi wants to keep everything as it is, we moved the date back 6 months already, due to a bad time in our lives (not relationship problems btw) and so he just wants to be married now.
i’m thinking more financially, we get to use the park more outdoor bbq moving indoors later on.
oh he’s gone all grumpy on me now i think i’ve upset him, oh dear lol
Post # 3
It really is your decision. I say keep winter. I would hate to wait even longer than I already am. It seems like winter is an ideal time just not ideal financially. Also, I don’t understand why you would need to provide cloaks? For your guets? And this might be a cultural thing but to save costs I wouldn’t provide 2 full meals. If you feel you should, I suggest a lighter one then a heavier one later. I wouldn’t like my Fiance working more to fund it either.
Post # 4
i dont think you have to supply cloaks for anyone, they know you are getting married in the cold and should rug up! you will get beautiful pictures with the snow, also are you against getting photos before the actual ceremony, you wouldnt have to have other people there.
hope this helps!
Post # 5
@MASPA: the reason for the two meals
order of the day
- get married at church 1pm
- photo at venue
- wedding breakfast (3 course sit down meal)
- small gap
- reception begins
- light evening buffet
if i did this in summer
- get married around 4 pm
- photos etc
- less formal full meal
the reason for the extra meal in winter would be because of daylight goes dark around 4 and i don’t want photos in the dark
fi says not to worry we will sort it and family are helping too. i’m guessing i should trust him on this one 🙂
it’s also custom to pay for bm outfits so i would provide the shrug also to keep them warm
Post # 6
@mrsrangrang: nope don’t do this first look thing here, i won’t see my man till i get the alter
Post # 7
I say do it now… if you’ve gotten a lot of planning done already, and don’t want your man to have to work long hours to pay for it all.
Post # 8
@winerygirl: thanks i know… he says we can do it, i should trust him
Post # 9
I’d keep the December date too…
Post # 10
Trust in your fiance…. go with the December date. 🙂
Post # 12
I agree – trust your FI! Plus, he can’t wait to marry you, it’s really sweet! 🙂
Post # 13
Keep the date for December.
About the second meal: why don’t you just do a dessert buffet or coktail hour style food. Don’t provide a whole seperate meal. (or do this vice versa- lighter meal in the middle of the afternoon and heavier in the evening).
As your guest I would only expect food once.