- 2 years ago
My Fiance is the same height as me and I’ll be wearing flats for our wedding events. His parents are from India & we’ll be having at least 3 events w 80-300 ppl. They’ve gotten me a couple of extra outfits and have told me to expect maybe 2-3 more events (perhaps a family only welcome dinner, a morning after brunch, and being invited to a dinner or two afterwards).
I have one pair of gold kate spade flats that I wore for our engagement and our nikkah (religious ceremony), but his family would like for me to find a few more pairs of shoes for the manja (like haldi or mayun), mehndi, wedding & reception, & maybe the others. I’m wearing Indian/Desi outfits & love them & have found some Indian/Desi fancy flats I love more than US/western flats (I’m not sure of correct names, but I’ve seen them described as jutti, khussa, mojari, saleem shahi), but I’m not Indian/Desi so this is uncharted territory for me. My feet are large (as far as these types of shoes go)- I usually wear a US 9.5 or 10. I’ve found a bunch of these shoes that I like on amazon in sizes 9-11. Any help is very appreciated!
- Is there any place I should look online besides amazon?
- (etsy didn’t have things I liked in my size, the Desi brick & mortar stores don’t have much selection in my size)
- If I’m a US size 9.5 or 10, what size should I get these shoes in – 9.5? 10? 10.5? 11? should I get multiple sizes of the ones I like most – which sizes?
- I like being comfortable & don’t like things that rub or are too tight, but also don’t want to be flopping out of the shoes & unable to walk. I don’t know how this style of shoe or the sizing normally runs.
- How many different pairs/styles should I order just to be safe?
- They cost from $30-45 and I can easily return. I’m thinking I should probably end up w one solid color pair that would go with almost anything (like just gold), and maybe 1-2 patterned ones
- My shoes will show in my manja outfit, in my ceremony outfit, but might not show as much in my other outfits