Post # 3
414 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Umm, beautiful!!! Love it!

Post # 4
3697 posts
Sugar bee

It is beautiful. It also will look very much “of its time,” but that’s not necessarily a bad thing – only if you’re worried about it.

I guess, which is the bigger priority for you: Do you want the dress you are really excited about right now, that’s in style right now? Or is it really important to you to have a dress that will “age well,” so to speak? All dresses end up looking a little dated with the passage of time, but some definitely hold up better than others.

Post # 5
3693 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I think the dress is beautiful on you.  

If you’re worried about it ending up dated, I think the majority of wedding gowns are not timeless.  At the same time, we have no way of knowing what will be fashionable in 30 years, so get the dress that you love now.  If it ends up “showing its time,” you’ll be in good company because many of us will be in the same situation.

Post # 6
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

in 30 years we’ll all be cringing over strapless dresses, just like we do over the puffy sleeved dresses of the 80’s – go for it!

Post # 7
Hostess
23607 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

It’s STUNNING!! πŸ˜€

Post # 8
241 posts
Helper bee

WOW – you have an amazing figure in that dress! It really does look stunning on you. I love the poofy stuff at the bottom. (I don’t know anything about wedding dresses, can you tell? lol)

It probably will look dated in 20, 30 years’ time, but I wouldn’t focus on that. I’d focus on what you want to wear on your wedding day. I don’t really think wedding gowns are supposed to be timeless. In 30 years we’ll probably all be wearing spacesuits or something.

Post # 9
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

It’s a beautiful dress, and you look great in it. 

Post # 10
1663 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

As PPs have said– everything gets dated.

That dress looks fabulous on you!!

Post # 11
5273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

It looks AWESOME!!

Post # 13
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Very pretty, looks great on you!

Post # 14
632 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I agree with all PPs that the dress, as with any dress, will become dated. Even the “timeless” lace dresses will have some elements that are going to date them.

That doesn’t make the dress any less fabulous! Go for it!

The topic ‘HELP! opinions needed How does this look on me?? Casablanca 2066’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors